Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

autogen cell FSX vs FS9

In FSX.cfg we can specify how many trees and buildings per cell we want maxlike 3000/1000 etcdoes anyone know what FS9 equivalent is? 600 each comes to mind but not sure.thanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Hi Brian,from the FS2004 SDK:"For performance reasons, the scenery engine in Flight Simulator limits the number of buildings displayed to 300 per square kilometre and the pieces of vegetation displayed to 600 per square kilometre. Future versions of Flight Simulator, however, may increase these limits; there is no limitation on the number of building footprints and vegetation areas stored in the annotation files."Cheers, Holger

>so it is 600/300 wow FSX does kick it up a notch!>>>ciao!>Brian SEspecially when you consider the maximum in FSX is 6,000.

Can't help but wonder about all the people who complained about FSX performance, if they set the FSX levels to 1200 and 600 how their performance would have been. And if they would have been happy with TWICE the autogen of FS9???

and that is exactly what I'm doing and thinking - Im running an AMD FX-55 chip and have 1200/600 and I'm happy and I can crank everything else up full right and get 18-25 in most areas except cities and major airports then it tanks to 4-6; it seems no matter what I do for a big airport it tanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!