Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

FS8 to FSX Traffic File Converter

I know I am way behind the times with this question. I am looking for a way to convert my FS8 traffic file into FSX format. Do I need to convert my FS8 file to FS9 and then FSX? If so, how do I do that? I have an extensive custom created FS8 traffic file which I have created over several years and would hate to find out it is unusable in FSX.I skipped FS9 so don't have that program on my desktop. I am hoping there is a way to go from FS8 to FSX without having FS9. I have searched several posts and see a way to convert from FS9 to FSX, but not sure what utility to use if I am starting with an FS8 traffic file.Thanks for your help!

I don't have FSX, but you could use TrafficTools to decompile the FS8 traffic file, and convert it to FSX format using another tool? I use Traffic Tools V2.0 :)

There is no real difference between an FS8 and FS9 traffic file.Traffic Tools 2 is the same program as you used to create your FS8 traffic file with a couple minor tweaks to allow use of the TNG option and multiple traffic files.TrafficTools is in the Avsim Library - search for author Lee Swordy.As far as FSX traffic files. The main advantage of converting them is changing to update airport ICAO codes for the airports which have changed.Most still depend upon the same aircraft.txt, airports.txt and flightplans.txt files as FS8, with the same issues that always come from using non-standard flightplans.But we cannot do realistic AI airline schedules without going to a non-standard format.Personally, I've quite converting my FS2004 traffic files to FSX - I just search and update the ICAO codes.FS9 traffic files work just fine in FSX. I have all my GA, my surface traffic and don't have any issues.

The best FS9 to FSX converter for traffic files is by Peter van der Veen. I found the link at the World of AI site, but I can't look for it just at this moment. Maybe you could head over to their forum and look for the link. You need to have the new TTools installed.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090