Sign in to follow this  
Bman2006

Reinstalling FSX and SDK Procedures

Good morning. I have determined it's time for a fresh install of FSX, SDKs and addons. Things appear to be getting a little goopy with addons being added, removed, added removed, replace this texture, convert that texture. With this being said, I want to make sure that I have the procedures correct:For FSX1- Install FSX Base / Run2- Install Acceleration / Run There is no need to install SP1 correct? Acceleration includes SP1 and SP2.For SDK1- Install SDK from FSX Disc2- Install SP1a from the Acceleration DiscThere is no reason to install SDK SP2 from the other SDK SP2 folder in acceleration? SDK + SP1a tend to work better, correct? I am a bit confused on the sequencing of SDKs. Let me know if I have this correct. Bman.

Benjamin Van Eps

>There is no reason to install SDK SP2 from the other SDK SP2>folder in acceleration? SDK + SP1a tend to work better,>correct? I am a bit confused on the sequencing of SDKs. Actually, unless you're going to do any development work, or simply want the cool 'toys' on the sim's menu bar, you don't need to install the SDK at all. However...You MUST install the SP2 SDK, as it contains elements needed by Acceleration. SDK SP1a is a prerequisite for installing the SP2 SDK, which is why it is included. Simply run the SDK.msi found on the disk after installing SDK SP1a.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the reply - so, just to verify 1) Install SDK from the FSX Deluxe disc2) Install SP1a from Acceleration3) Install SP2 SDK from AccelerationThere are a few addons I have that require the toolbox.dll that comes in the SP1a. Other than that there is no need to install the SDK correct? What are the "Cool toys" that you are referring to.BTW - love the Columbia400 by Eaglesoft.

Benjamin Van Eps