Sign in to follow this  
jlohrenz

FFS SAAB 340 Panel Re-do for FSX

Golly Geez! Now what I am I going to do? Just take one from Torrentz.com and register that one? That's pirated software!!Dave.
HelloWell I searched through my backups and found the FSS Saab + the service pack liveries and registration code.The good news , the gauge registration works fine.The bad news , the Saab is not worth the effort, looks really dated now and the VC is badly scaled in the fact that the glare shield is in the wrong place (too low).Looking at my invoice I bought it on 01-12-2007 which must have been only a few months before FSS packed up and allegedly did not bother to pay the gauge programmer all he was owed.Shame really as they looked like they were going to be a really good development house back then.I actually bought the Aeroworx B200 when it was first released from FSS, before Flight1 started to distribute it.They also had a Vans RV which was fun to fly and included a damage and wear modelling module with ongoing costs and a flight analysis module, there is a good feview here on avsim where it was awarded 4/12 stars.

Guest DARKMAZE

Does anyone have the FFS saab working in FSX on Windows 7?I have NO issues on my XP machine, but on my 7 machine, it only wants to allow the guages to function in FS9.The load manager recognises it's registered, but the gauges don't.I tried uninstalling the product, but I can't re-register it once I've registered it on the machine (annoyingly).I've tried removing the registry keys and everything, but the load manager still knows (somehow) that it has been registered.

Guest DARKMAZE

Finally got it working in windows 7...THere was a rogue saab340b.ini file in one of my users\appdata folders which was stopping me from re-registering the install.Anyways, I managed to uninstall it, and then clean out all the registry settings and left-behind files, and I now have it working..My order for installing on Win7 with FSX was:1. Install FSX.2. Apply service packs (accelleration)3. Create folder FSX\Aircraft4. Edit users\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\fsx.cfg. add following line in appropriate spot: SimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft5. Install FFS Saab.6. Install FFS Saab Service Pack7. Run Load Configuration Manager8. Register product9. Save and exit.10. open regedit11. Export keys under: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2067573648-2012078617-2329506145-1001_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\FFS12. Import keys exported into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\FFS13. Edit aircraft.cfg files. Add Category=airplaneunder [General] section.14. Run FSX, start a flight with cessna 172.15. Change from virtual cockpit view into cockpit view.16. Change to FFS Saab.Gauges are now registered

Guest DARKMAZE

More good news, I appear to have been able to solve the engine starting issue.The problem appears that throwing the start switch doesn't just throw the start mechanism, so adding in a switch (I grabbed one from another freeware panel for testing) to throw the 'start sequence' replacing the L/R toggle switch fixes the startup sequence issue.Now, to work out how to get all the switches that are on anything but the 'primary' panel to function (they work if I move them onto the primary panel, but having them on the overhead, or the console they do not 'function' oddly enough).I might try to work on a new start-switch for the panels. See how I go.

Hello Could someone please give me the link for the update.I have searched all over the place and still cannot find it.Any help much appreciated.Eisbahn
Can you please send me the link if you have it. I'll truly appreciate it.
It's in the Panel update for the FFS Saab that I published to the File Library a while ago.
can you please tell me where is it? PLEASE!

I have a strange problem after my port over in to FSX. The VC windows are all blue colored. For a second wen starting the flight they are transparent but then they turn blue. Is this a problem with my registration or a graphic problem?

O and for all you guys searching for a payware Saab 340 up to modern standards you really need to check the Xaviation Saab340 for Xplane. This an amazing add-on. Check out this trailer http://youtu.be/UOIdHNDlRw4 It's worth converting on to xplane in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Jorik

Hmmm..... I'm an idiot!!! (smile)Just went in and tried AGAIN.... and everything works like a champ! I guess I must have gotten fat fingered on the keys the first time around.Thanks again for the information.... I was afraid I had lost one of my favorite aircraft!Now if anyone ever get's this FSX thing figured out..... I'll be watching! (smile)Many best wishes,Cheers,

Wow!!!,

Man I envy you so much...i have done everything in the book without success.

Could I upload my copy of the FFS Saab 340 somewhere for you good guys to work on?.

I COULD USE SOME HELP TO SORT OUT MY FFS 340 FSX ISSUES,I REALLY NEED THE AIRPLANE IN FSX.