Sign in to follow this  
jlohrenz

FFS SAAB 340 Panel Re-do for FSX

I've also sent an e-mail to the one time pres at FFS to see if there would be any chance I could get a copy of the source as a one time update to the gauges for FSX. We'll see if I hear back.Had a little of 'real life' get in the way today, so not much progress.What's done so far:Right & Left Fuel Gauges work as expected in FSXLoad Config Utility works with FSXBasic How-To on moving the FFS Package from FS9 to FSXWhat's left:Modify the Right & Left Low Fuel Lights to cover up the faulty onesModify the main control low fuel light to cover up the faulty light

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

I just uploaded V1 to the library tonight. It includes the following:Left & Right Fuel GaugesModified 2D and VC Panel.cfg filesHow-To copy FFS Saab to FSX and maintain Config Utility functionality.Enjoy!

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Hello Gang!Where can we download this aircraft? Can't find the American Eagle on the library.Thanks for any help!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I established the link described in the install file. I thought this was going to be some kind of virtual link but the instruction created a folder under my FSX directory "aircraft." In this folder was every aircraft folder in my FSXSimOjbectsAirplanes folder. I'm just wondering why this duplication of files.Anyway, to a more important topic - the cockpit. I think I followed the instructions correctly but the aircraft's cockpit did not display. The aircraft was fine but there was no panel.Can you please help?ThanksFrank

The Aircraft is no longer available for purchase. Flight Factory Simulations closed down their shop sometime last year. It is truely unfortunate as it was a great plane.

1. The Aircraft folder is just that, it is a virtual link to the same location that the SimObjectsAirplanes directory points to. It did not make a copy of everything. This is needed as the Load Config utility expects a FS9 file structure to function properly.2. The panel.cfg files stored in the two directories in the downloaded file need to go into the SAAB 340 APanel and SAAB 340APanel.vc folders over the original files. If you browse to this location: AircraftFFS Saab 340 APanel and open up the panel.cfg file you should find (do a search) the following in the file in different locations:'Saab340FuelGauges!LeftFuelGauge' or 'Saab340FuelGauges!RightFuelGauge'If you cannot find these in that file, then you did not copy the panel.cfg file from the download into this directory.All of the other aircraft with this install (340B, 340 Argus) point to this location to get their panel configurations.Feel free to post here, or e-mail me at the address in the install.txt for further support questions.

I don't know what results you obtained when you tested this package. But, the results of the instruction you provided on my system definitely copied every file from my c:fsxsimobjectsairplanes folder into the folder c:fsxaircraft folder. NOTE: My FSX install folder is C:FSX and not the default one.The panel.cfg files were copied correctly into the appropriate A and B folders. The guage files are in the correct folders.I verified the established "elevated" link by changing a set of entries in the aircraft.cfg file as I had duplicate texture-set entries for one of the repaints. When I changed the entries in one config file the other one changed automatically.So, I have an aircraft but no cockpit. I also tried running the aircraft's configuration program but the system displayed an error message saying that it could not find the correct aircraft.cfg file.fb

If you want to e-mail me offline I'd love to help you out via something like VNC, etc. so I could see your actual file structure and config.

Just a quick update, but this could be MAJOR news.I've been in contact and am communicating with a few of the original developers / coders of this aircraft. If I am able to get my hands on the source code for the gauges, the conversion over to FSX will be a lot 'easier' than it currently is and the fuel systems could be fixed.Stay tuned!

Guest davidvoogd

I just found my installer and registration stuff back for the FS9 Saab. I can't seem to find the 1.1 update or the liveries / repaints installer - any chance someone here could send them my way?

Check your mail.Also, I'm still working with the original programmer. He is busy with some other projects right now, but hopefully soon I will have another update.I'm also looking into an issue where, if you have the 2-D panel set as a default, it will crash FSX. I'm not sure if it is an incompatibility, or something else.

Guest davidvoogd

Does anyone have the liveries installer, if so could you send it my way (pm me for my email). Thanks.

Guest mmglads

I've just "stumbled" upon this forum after trying for ages to get my FFS Saab 340 to run in FSX & Vista. Thank you! This is very exciting stuff. I bought the FFS Saab when it first came out, I have every file (including all repaints) plus the repaint file as well. I am just about to load all of the files as instructed to get her "up & running" in FSX, will let you know how it goes. Our local Saab 340B (in REX livery) flies over us 3 times a day here in Northern NSW Australia, so it will be good to get in the air again - especially with the fantastic Aussie FTX scenery just released. I will be very interested to hear how you get on with the original developers, who (I am told) were not fuly re-imbursed for their work. There are still a number of issues with the bitmaps (the "fuzzy" virtual VC overhead, for one) - but to hear people are still working on it is so encouraging. Thanks again!

Guest merculiv

Well if someone could send me this installer than I could fix the gauges for this plane. I would just swap the gauges in the panel.cfg that dont work with ones that do :)merculiv@gmail.com