Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Release Date For REX?

>>Even the name containng the word 'environment' is a bit of>a>>rip off of Peter's work. Just my two cents.....>>>>>>>>>>Taking the word "real" or "Flight" is kind of rip off too? >>The worst Rip off is taking the "X". Now thats what I call a>REAL Rip off! Everyone has been ripping off MS FSX.>>>:)>>>Well, I think that George Strait did a bigger rip-off than that! He said "All his X's lived in Texas.":)

>Lets not forget all the original 'nastiness' with the FS9>version of 'Real Environment' & 'Flight Environment'>>I think Peter Wilding had to complain about pictures being>used by RE dev that actually contained his FE work in them! >>Even the name containng the word 'environment' is a bit of a>rip off of Peter's work. Just my two cents.....>Glenn I don't think your vague allegations are very useful to the community. Rumors and misinformation, especialy when they are quite insulting don't really help uplift one's mind.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>>Lets not forget all the original 'nastiness' with the FS9>>version of 'Real Environment' & 'Flight Environment'>>>>I think Peter Wilding had to complain about pictures being>>used by RE dev that actually contained his FE work in them! >>>>Even the name containng the word 'environment' is a bit of a>>rip off of Peter's work. Just my two cents.....>>>>Glenn I don't think your vague allegations are very useful to>the community. >Rumors and misinformation, especialy when they are quite>insulting don't really help uplift one's mind.>David,There was no vague allegation - only my opinion regarding the use of the word 'Environment' in a competing product.As for the original FS9 issue, there was no misinformation or rumour either.The original debate was very public and is no longer available either here or on simforums, however there is another thread referencing the original issue and that it was evetually resolved 'privately'.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=351299Implying I'm being dishonest or spreading misinformation when many of us were involved in those original threads on here and simforums is certainly not useful to the community.I'm glad it was all resolved, but it doesn't change my opinion.

As someone who is using Both FSX and FS9, I am wondering if there will be hardrives large enough to satisfy what it will ultimately take to get the FSX world where we think we want it. Don't get me wrong, I'm an active FSX user, and I'm enjoying the ride over all, but space requirements are bound to catch up with us sooner or later. I have 100Gig just for FS9 and FSX.....with only GEXen(Great product!), FEX Blue and a FSGenesis(Great product!) scenery installed. I still have to add UTX, and prepare for the 2 Gigs per area that FEX (great product!) requires...I can foresee the 100Gig FSX installation in the not to distant future. What a hobby!http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest PPSFA

To add my .02, I agree 100% with Glenn ,there is nothing vague about it, and he's accurate. I wish I could say more.

Glenn,I know very well what you are speaking about but that has been indeed resolved privetely and doesn't need to go public again.In the thread you speak about, Tom said:"That's been resolved according to Peter Wilding. Let's not go there again." I think that this is clear enough.I've never said that YOU are being dishonest. I say that all this old story has no more interest for the community because it was based on rumours neither you nor me - but only the concerned persons-can say if they were true or false.OK?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Competition is good, and the sometimes negative emotions that spring from that competition are unavoidable. (And sometimes good as well.)I look forward to the companies getting mad and saying, "Oh yeah? Well we're going to release hi-res clouds that actually increase frame rates, thrown in a weather maker with tornados and tidal waves, and a coupon for free beer, and sell it for $10 less then your stinky program. :~P Phhhhhhht!"

David,Fair enough. We shall leave it at that.

:-beerchug Thanks Glenn.

Best regards,
David Roch