Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What does FSx SP2 do/fix?

Does anybody know of a website that lists the things that FSx SP2 fixes?I am always reluctant to install anything including drivers that fix things that I don't haveThanks for any helpBarry

Well, I 'bit the bullet' and loaded SP2" yesterday.Taking off from EGTE Exeter my local airport I discovered that the River Exe had dissapered together with the whole of Torbay and the south coast had spread out into the Channel about 80 miles with lush countryside ending in square coasts.Thanks Aces you made a great job (NOT).

Dave Taylor gb.png

Removed it from my computer. Causes to many weird menu and texture problems. Then again maybe ACES figures that's a fix.

>Well, I 'bit the bullet' and loaded SP2" yesterday.>>Taking off from EGTE Exeter my local airport I discovered that>the River Exe had dissapered together with the whole of Torbay>and the south coast had spread out into the Channel about 80>miles with lush countryside ending in square coasts.>>Thanks Aces you made a great job (NOT)....and I'd be willing to bet the farm that you didn't install SP2 to a virgin FSX installation either, as has been stated as a requirement several thousand times over the past months...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I did Bill and I get the menu crashes. SP2 has caused more problems than it has solved for many users.

Keith Sandford.

>...and I'd be willing to bet the farm that you didn't install>SP2 to a virgin FSX installation either, as has been>stated as a requirement several thousand times over the past>months...No, your right Bill I didn't.I really have had enough of this. FSX has been the biggest ####-up ever from Microsoft with all it's faults.If I wasn't on the Internet and didn't have access to all the advice I have received on here and had just bought it for the flight sim only on a computer then, I would still be running a 'half-baked' program.Like many others, I have built FSX up with add-onns and am not prepared to delete everything ONCE AGAIN just to be able to use SP2's doubtful improvements so, it's now uninstalled and I'm happy again, thank you.Thanks for your comments though.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks Geoff, I didn't know about them? I am running UTX Europe.

Dave Taylor gb.png

"I'd be willing to bet the farm that you didn't install SP2 to a virgin FSX installation either, as has been stated as a requirement several thousand times over the past months..."What you say is true but, if my experience counts for anything, I can state quite categorically that the installation of SP2 over a virgin installation of FSX is not necessarily 'a requirement' unless, of course, FSX was in some way unstable prior to applying the update. I saw nothing but good following the application of SP2.Mike

>"I'd be willing to bet the farm that you didn't install>SP2 to a virgin FSX installation either, as has been stated as>a requirement several thousand times over the past>months...">>What you say is true but, if my experience counts for>anything, I can state quite categorically that the>installation of SP2 over a virgin installation of FSX is not>necessarily 'a requirement' unless, of course, FSX was in some>way unstable prior to applying the update. I saw nothing but>good following the application of SP2.Yes Mike, there have been many for whom installing SP2 directly into an existing FSX+SP1a environment has worked splendidly. In actual fact, I am one of those so fortunate... ;)...but, that's only because I had a properly configured and not overly-tweaked installation to begin with, and didn't have a bunch of WIP add-ons installed.I truly wish I were independently wealthy so I could travel around and help folks set up and get the most from their hardware and FSX......because when it is running properly, it is truly a wonderful experience! :)I will state that "it shouldn't be this difficult" to get FSX running well for anyone, but then the same has also been said for FS2004, FS2k2, FS2k, et cetera. It's an hugely complex bit of code, and with the sheer number of possible hardware configurations possible, it's a wonder it runs at all...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator