Sign in to follow this  
jdk2

Got my first OOM crash with Vista32-SP1

For a while there I was achieving peaks of 2.5G RAM usage (have 4G) and nigh an OOM, whereas before Vista-SP1 I always got OOM crashing after around 2.15GThought this sp1 would be the end of OOMs but no I got one today at only 2.2GGuess Ill have to put my page file back up to 3G (fixed).AllenE6000 Quad 2.44G RAMHD 3870Vista32-SP1FSX-SP2

Hi Allen,You should add the /3GB switch. The x86 version of Vista still needs it. And with that much RAM, you should consider the x64 verion of Vista.Regards,Jim Karn

Open an *elevated command prompt and type the following into it:BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2560*All Programs > Accessories > right-click on Command Prompt and choose "Run as administrator"Regards,Jim Karn

after reducing the tree to my main drive using the "cd .. " tricks it was completed succesfullyHowever I will not be using the FSX for a while so it remains to be tested.allen

>after reducing the tree to my main drive>using the "cd .. " tricks...For future reference, that's not necessary. It works from the cmd prmpt default location C:UsersYour_User_Name.Regards,Jim Karn