Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

a sad - but brave - man!

Hey Barry,It'll work out. The gang here helped me out and they'll see you through as well.I also deleted FS9. I had both for a while, but I just wasn't flying FS9 at all. 99% of my flights are bush flights in single prop jobs, and as great as FS9 is, it just doesn't compare to the scenery of FSX+GEX+UTX+Genesis mesh. With all sliders to the right in FSX, I get 20+FPS in all bush flight scenarios, so the only reason to go back to FS9 is to fly around the big cities and land the heavies at busy airports. Mind you, my rig is an E6700/2GB RAM/8800GTS 640 and FS9 screams on that system. I could land any of my payware planes at JFK with AI at full and NY city in tbe background and get excellent FPS. I can't even dream of doing that in FSX.

Absolutely Clutch! The law says you can only have one wife but as far as I know there's no law saying thou shall only have one version of FS loaded. ;)I just hope Bazza isn't disappointed with FSX. I find it difficult to leave FS9 when my frame rates are 3 times faster and of course there's no Kai Tak in FSX. :-(Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Looks like I had a corrupt download of SP2 - a new download of it was 30 megs larger that the original and installed with no problems.Now to see whether SP1 plus SP2 works on my machine!!! :-) Barry

Now all you need is FTX to see how good FSX landclass can look, and FEX to provide the same for your sky and sea.You'll never look back with those installed.

"We run both sims on the same computer and both perform extremely well. No need to do away with the old, just run both."Absolutely!Mike :)

You said it Clutch. I too have not uninstalled the FS2004. (I even have your Kai Tak scenery). I have a massive hard disk space so I am not pressed to uninstall the FS2004. I have both versions still in the hard disk.Provided our friend from Down Under had good hard disk space he should not have ventured to uninstall FS2004 but should have had both and later decided whether to uninstall FS2004 or not. May be his computer hardware not be that powerful to take on FSX and then he still has the FS2004.I too could not run FSX until I had to upgrade my computer to core2 duo 2.2 speed. So in a way Barry was not brave but reckless! Of course this does not apply if his hard disk capacity did not allow for both versions to sit in. Then I apologize. RegardsShri

I just hope Bazza isn't disappointed with FSX. I find it difficult to leave FS9 when my frame rates are 3 times faster and of course there's no Kai Tak in FSX.You were saying... This one is Jim Vile's excellent version available here in the library!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Rob_man

You'll never look back Barry once you get it going.Don't know if you ever played with Tileproxy around Brisbane, but the scenic rim to West of Boonah is hours of fun.Rob

Hi RobI have used TileProxy with FS9 and got good results. Did most of my flying around Washingston (State) US - mainly because of the good mesh available for that area and the good Yahoo Maps texture coverage in the US. It worked well - but of course will be much better in FSx with the higher res textures.I deleted FS9 because - frankly, after 4 years I had finished with it - if FSx didn't work, then I probably would give the lot away. But I mostly fly in the bush areas - not busy cities - and am not finding any problems with FPS at all. In fact it will be much better under TileProxy becaus eit uses no autogenThe only problem I have found so far - is that my graphics were going crazy ( you would have to see the screen to understand) - but knocking back the scenery settings seems to have sorted that out. I only have an older ATI X800 vid card - and I suspect that it didn't like Water 2xHIGH setting!!Looking good so far.Barry

Barry....good onya' man.I removed FS9 months ago, and do not miss it one iota.FS9, even with all my add-ons (and like you, I had a bunch, and a bunch'o money invested), seemed archaic compared to FSX.