Sign in to follow this  
jobepilot

FSX WideFS

Hi guysCould do with some help, I have installed or should I say I did, fsmeteo, radar contact, fsbuild, pmdg 747 and Fsearth, oh also fsuipc widefs. When you start widefs outside of fsx should there be a user screen?? All I have is a blank screen and at the top saying waiting for client.I removed sim connect, repaired, and now fsx will not start.so now reinstalling all.RgdsJobe

Guest UlfB

Hi again,Didn't find your post on Pete's forum. Anyway, som questions to get the a clear picture, and hopefully somebody with knowledge from WideFS might jump in and help you out.You have set up your computers in a network and TCP/IP connections work ok between your computers?You have registered WideFS on your server pc, that is the pc running FSX?You have installed the WideClient.exe and WideClient.ini file on your client pc, that is a pc not running FSX?Ulf B

I am still waiting for a user name etc from Pete's site.TCP/IP setup, it connects in FSXRegd wide yesAnd wideclient, and ini both installed all connect within FSX

Guest UlfB

>And wideclient, and ini both installed all connect within FSXI don't get this. WideClient should connect to FSX running on your other computer. Do you run WideClient on the same computer as you run FSX on?Your answers are very short and provide very little information. Could you please describe how you've set up your computers and the software. What add ons are you planning to run with WideClient on the remote, client computer?Ulf B

Ok sorry, more detailI have my main computer running FSX, on that is Widefs, on my laptop I have client and ini files on the laptop desktop, when I open FSX the network connects the pc and laptop over widefs. But I cannot do anything with it, it has no screen just a blank box on both computers saying connected, in FSX at the top of the windows blue bar its say connected widefs client (1) connected, on my laptop it says connected to widefs.I am lost, I cant get it to do a thing, I wanted to run some of my applications like fseart over widefs.Any suggestions would be great Thanks.

Guest Bud

HiThis is a very confusing thread. I use WideFS for Radar Contact on a client machine. Not sure why you mention SimConnect, the two processes are completely distinct. Prior to FSX, WideFS was the means of connecting external addons. FSX introduced connection via SimC and so now some programs connect using this method and some still use WideFS.When you run WideFS on the client, all you will get is the 'blank box'. In fact you can configure the program so that this 'box' is immediately minimized to the tray, in which case you would see nothing but the indication of connection in the FS window on the main machine. Once you have the connection you would simply run the program you wish on the client machine and they will 'talk' to FS.You can also configure WideFS to automatically run these programs once a connection is made.I hope this is of help and that I have not completely misunderstood your issue.Bud

Yeah I thinks its my lack of understanding about the program to be honest. All I want to do it link some programs from my laptop to my main pc with FSX on it, I am trying fsearth, but no luck, the network is reading the data, main pc sending laptop receiving, even the location is drawn on google earth, but doesnt zoom into where I am, EGLL. I am trying to run it through fswide, says all connected but not much is happening.Sorry for the hassle guys, I dont fully understand how to work widefs...

I guess I am saying what do I have to do in order to get fsearth and radar contact to work over fswide???I am stuck

Hi,Have you read the documentation provided with WideFS? In fairness to Pete he writes this so people won't ask him questions already explained in it. ;-)If your happy that your two PCs are 'talking' to one another across your network then you're almost there.A few tips to help you...1) The PC that FS is loaded is the Server.2) The laptop you want to run RC and FSEarth on is the Client.There should be an installer to put the relevant files (a DLL and docs) into FSXModules.On the client PC you should install WideClient software, location unimportant. Start FSX and watch the title bar for 'Waiting to connect' or similar wording.Then start WideClient. After a few seconds you should see the titlebar in FSX change to '1 connected'. Similarly, the titlebar of WideClient should say 'Connected'. You don't actually need WideClient so just minimise it.Now run Radar Contact and you should be in business. :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest UlfB

Hi,Does FSEarth support connection to FSX via WideFS/FSUIPC? If not, you won't be able to use FSEarth on the remote pc.Bud said in an earlier post that Radar Contact may be used through WideFS. All you need to do is to start Radar Contact on the laptop after WideClient has connected. You could try the Radar Contact support forum here on avsim forums if you have trouble running Radar Contact on the remote pc.Ulf B

I must be missing the docs for the explanation, or I didnt see it, dam noobs hey !!!! heheThanks guys I will try RC on my laptop, it does say in the blue title bar connected, but I wasnt sure how to execute a program through fswide, but now I understand.Many thanks guys will let you know how I go.

If it say's 'connected' then everything is working. Just run Radar Conract on your laptop. Minimise WideClient - you don't use it to load anything. It just emulates FS on your laptop.Read the docs! :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

ok many thanks will do, I have so much too read, PMDG, Radar contact, Fsbuild, and so on....Thanks again will try it out