Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

2 questions please

Guest S1mPilot

First question, In the reno scenery area I've designated as area "A", is that ledge an actual feature of the reno terrain?Or is it caused by my FSgenesis mesh? I'm running the V2 mesh so I though I wouldn't be seeing this kind of thing. Anyone getting this in the default fsx mesh or FSG V2?Second question, How to I enable/disable the race info shown in area "B"?Thanks for the help!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186777.jpg

Guest fsxmissionguy

B: Right-click that window and close it (or undock and move it off the screen, or anywhere in your FSX window). Sorry, you can't disable it from ever appearing, I don't think.A: That ledge doesn't look familiar to me, maybe you can post a more close-up shot of it.

S1mPilot,I am using FSGenesis mesh also and have this shelf at Reno.It is not the fault of FSG mesh but a fault in the elevation data for Reno Airport. FSG V2 Mesh cannot correct these anamolies 100% but it has corrected some major flaws with airports that were appearing elevated on their own plateau.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186783.jpg

Guest S1mPilot

Thanks guys. I just figured that since the V2 mesh punches a bigger hole around airports that I wouldn't see a ledge like that so close to a runway.Actually I'd like to know how to enable that race info. When I run the reno practice race it is there at the start of the first race I load. But after reloading the mission a few times it eventually disappears and won't reappear until I restart FSX. I've looked through the controls menus but didn't find anything. I lost the instruction booklet that came with Acceleration.Sargeski, FYI this is Lith1um. I just scrapped that user account because people kept asking me why I had a user-name that was synonymous with a prescription drug. It was an old user-name I've used since NASCAR racing 2003 and it just described my flat line patience when racing. I'd never really thought about it before, but it's gone now.

Well, I guess I should have pickup on the 1 in the screen name. Thanks for cluing me in. ;)I never knew you were a NASCAR Racing 2003 fan. I spent quite a bit a bit of time in a few online leagues. Sure wish Papyrus would've stuck with the PC.

Guest S1mPilot

If papy puts out another nascar sim I'd buy it regardless of cost. Shame it will never happen.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Yeah,OK. Much better shot of that ledge. Definitely not part of the Acceleration scenery for Reno.