Sign in to follow this  
Guest iujona

Similar System FSX Performance Comments Please

I have just ordered the parts for my new rig. Please see specs below. If you have a similar system, please let me know your comments in regards to sliders and performance with 100% AI, weather at COMPLEX airports. - Asus Maximus Extreme MoBo- Dual Radeon 3870X2 Video in Crossfire (opted against the faster NVidia 9800 due to driver issues)- Intel QX9650 Extreme Quad Core- 4 GB OCZ Reaper DDR3 at 1333Mhz- ABS Tagen 1100W PSUOther components of interest:2x 1TB WD Caviar in Raid 02x WD 150GB 10000RPM Raptor in Raid 0Thermaltake Big Water 760i cooling for HD, VGA, CPU, NorthBridgeThermaltake Tai-Chi CaseI'm hoping to achieve an Overclock of ~4GB on the QX9650 which should be no problem with the cooling at 700Liters / M.I figure at this point, with the exception of the vid card there are no faster available components (well Intel's Skulltrail is coming but I can't find it for sale and it only works with Intels MoBo so far)Thanks for your input.Regards,Mike T.

Guest Nick_N

If I am not mistaken, you can not run the x23780 in quad crossfire on anything other than the AMD boards designed for the quad core use.. I need to verify that however I am almost certain of it. If you meant 2 - single 3780's in crossfireX you are good to go as long as the chipset is the x38 or above in IntelCurrent the single card x23870 is not firing 100% on both cores. ATi engineering is still in a driver dev phase on that.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Holy Cow!Why not just buy an airplane?

Guest iujona

What resolution are you running at? I have 27" Dell at 1900x1200 and I get around 75fps with ALL settings maxed out. This however drops to 35fps in big cities/airports. I have Ocd mine to 4Ghz using only zalman 9700 fan cooler. 3d Mark is 24690.I have ordered Mytraffic X so these FPS might go down. Currently using Live Traffic which is crap since no liveries with FSX SP2. Also waiting for my refund.Lex

>Holy Cow!>>Why not just buy an airplane?Because electricity is still cheaper than avgas? Granted in real flying the fps is just killer hehe. :)Seriously though, to the OP, I'm running basically the same setup, QX9650 @4.0 ghz (on water), 4 gigs ram (though ddr2 1066 in my case), and an 8800 ultra 768mb.With the usual tweaks I get 30 fps locked pretty much everywhere with medium/high settings and high 2.x water while flying reasonably complex addons such as the Flight1 Pilatus PC-12 or Digital Aviation Cheyenne, even over UTX Europe. In something efficiently rendered with poly gauges, like the Realair Marchetti or the new Alphasim Long-EZ my fps is pinned at 30 in all locations. The only things that'll knock it flat still are high poly addon aircraft in multiplayer and a sky filled to the brim with clouds. As I fly exclusively in multi I still have to make a few compromises, at least until Nehalem comes out (fingers crossed on that one). The one thing I never get with this system though are blurries, even booking along at 600 knots, 50 feet over the ground, which is a nice change from my old core2duo 6600.Cheers,-mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest iujona

My system was good value< 4k. Ordered all at newegg and built myself..