Sign in to follow this  
afraj

Having Problems Reinstalling FSX

it seems that i am having problems reinstalling FSX. Everytime i load it, it gives me two options Remove or Repair. How can i overide that so i can install a fresh copy.Best Regards Adib Afraj

try the remove for nowthen re-install it afterOr try the repair if the other dont workIt seems there is still an FSX entry in your registry.

if i choose the option of remove it gives me an error message. Best Regards Adib Afraj

Any Help Please. I tried a series of different Registry cleaners, but without any luck.Best Regards Adib Afraj

Any Help Please. I tried a series of different Registry cleaners, but without any luck.Best Regards Adib Afraj

If someone knows anything that i can do please let me know.Best Regards Adib Afraj

A registry cleaner will not help in your caseYou have to manuially delete teh entrie pertaining to FS10Do a search in the registry for those pertaining to Microsoft GamesAT YOUR OWN RISKALlen

Adib,If you have installed FSX before, and/or you have installed any add-ons, it is possible that some of the registry entries did not get completely removed. This can keep FSX from reinstalling or cause the installation to fail.Try using the FSX Registry repair tool from Flight 1 available from the below link.http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryRun the registry repair tool and then attempt a reinstallation of FSX. Hopefully that will do the trick. And thank Flight 1 for a handy tool!!

I tried Flight1's FSX Registry repain, but there's no exe file found in the PC. i did an advanced search. The Exact error message if i choose the option to remove is, Error Number 0x80040702 Description failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallhelper. Set Up will now termintae, when researched the error people spoke of using registry repairs like RegClean and RegCure. None of them made a difference. Toughhhh.Best Regards Adib Afraj

Thank you Sargeski, I was also able to get Microsoft to help.Here's the email i recieved from them. I hope it will be saved so we can use this in the future in case the same thing happens to someone else.Hi Adib, Thank you for contacting Microsoft Games Online Support. My name is Maria and I will be helping you with Flight Simulator X Deluxe. As I understand, while trying to uninstall the game you receive an error message stating, "Error Number: 0x80040702 Failed to load DLL:GameuxInstallHelper, setup will now terminate". Please let me know if the above information is accurate. Adib, this issue may occur due to the following reasons: 1. If the temp files are not deleted. 2. If the game files are corrupt. Let us try the following troubleshooting steps in order to resolve the issue: Step 1: Delete the contents of the Temporary folder. 1. Click Start search, type %temp% in the Open box, and then click OK. 2. On the Edit menu, click Select All. 3. On the File menu, click Delete. 4. Click yes when you receive the following message: Are you sure you want to send these items to the Recycle Bin? If the issue persists, try next Step.Step 2: Uninstall the game. 1. Click on Start 2. Click on Control Panel. 3. Click on Switch to classic view 4. Click on Add or Remove programs 5. Select the Microsoft Flight Simulator X and click on Remove. Remove the game folder. 1. Right click on Start 2. Click on Explore 3. Click on Program Files 4. Double click on Microsoft games 5. Select the Flight Simulator X folder and press the Delete key on the keyboard. Remove the folder that has saved game content. 1. Click Start, and then click My Documents. 2. Right-click the Flight Simulator Files folder, if it exists, and then click Delete. Note: If the Flight Simulator Files folder does not exist, close the My Documents window, and then go to step 3. 3. Click yes to confirm that you want to remove the folder and all its contents. 4. Close the My Documents window. Remove the FSX folder. 1. Click on Start Search 2. Type %appdata% in the box and click on OK 3 Double click on Microsoft folder 4. Select FSX folder and press Delete key on the keyboard. Step 3: Remove the game from Registry. WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Remove the game entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE 1. Click on Start Search 2. In the box type regedit and press Enter key. 3. Double Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE 4. Double Click on Software 5. Double Click on Microsoft 6. Double Click on Microsoft Games 7. Double Click on Flight Simulator. 8. Select the 10.0 folder and press the Delete key on the keyboard. Remove the game entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER 1. Click on Start Search 2. In the box type regedit and press Enter key. 3. Double Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER 4. Double Click on Software 5. Double Click on Microsoft 6. Double Click on Microsoft Games 7. Double Click on Flight Simulator. 8. Select the 10.0 folder and press the Delete key on the keyboard Note: The above steps will remove the flight simulator X completely. Step 4: Install Windows Installer Clean up Utility We need to install the Windows Installer Clean up Utility to remove the residue of files remained after uninstalling FSX manually. 1. Click on the link given below and click on Run. http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9...1bd/msicuu2.exe 2. Click on Run and then click on Run again. 3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Windows Installer Clean up utility. 4. After the installation is complete then click on Start and then click on All Programs 5. At the bottom of All Programs locate and select Windows Install Clean Up. 6. A window will appear with the list of multiple programs installed on your system. 7. Click On Microsoft Flight Simulator X and then click on Remove. NOTE: Make sure that only Microsoft Flight Simulator X is selected and nothing else. 8. Once the game is un-installed exit the utility, restart the system Step 5: Install the game. 1. Insert the game disc in the drive. Note: Do not click Express Install during setup. 2. Follow the setup menus until you see the Change button. 3. Click Change. 4. In the Path box, delete the existing path, and then type drive: Program FilesMicrosoft Games game name. In this example, drive is the drive letter of the hard disk and game name is the name of the game that you are trying to install. 5. Click OK when you are finished. 6. Follow the directions that appear on the screen to install the game. Note: Please let me know if you receive any error message while installing the game. Adib, please try the above troubleshooting steps and let me know the results. I will be looking forward to your response. Regards, MariaMicrosoft Product Support ServicesBest Regards Adib Afraj