Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

What is "AES"??

I keep seeing references to "AEU" by flight sim people--and I think I am missing something here...Is this similar to what Mr. Arrington's AEU was for FS2004?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fsxmissionguy

Could this be Airport Enhancement Services from Aerosoft?

I guess it is. ?? Sounds like AES = AEU then?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

HelloAES is nothing like AEU, just reading the product features shows that they provide different things.AES - What it is and how it works:Right after you landed and departed on the runway, a follow me van will be waiting for you that brings you to the gate or parking of YOUR CHOICE. It adapts its speed to your taxi speed and even blinks its turn signals to alert you to a turn! As you get close to the gate you will see a 3d marshaller with detailed animation (far better than any being part of scenery products!) that guides you to your location and even signs you to cut your enigine(s). Then he plugs in his headphone and tells you the blocks are in location. At the same moment the jetway starts moving towards your aircraft and will PERFECTLY align to the door on your aircraft (any aircraft!). If the gate has dual jetways BOTH will work. Even the rubber seal that keeps out the rain is animated.When you depart the jetway is moved back (you even hear the warning siren) and the ground crew will hook up the push back truck. Of course they will inform you of progress and tell you what to do. The push back is fully automated and AES even knows EXACTLY where to put the aircraft. The push back truck looks great and even has engine sound. During the push back you are told that you can start engines (but only when the area is clear). At the end of the push back the ground crew will signal you all is clear. Fully realistic!Features: * Pushback with sound, animated objects and automatic perfect alignment * Push-In for backward parking positions * Pushback now available as TBL (towbarless) that lift the nosewheel and conventional that uses a towbar to move the aircraft * Animated gates that link up perfect to the doors of the aircraft (unlike other system), * Moving service vehicles that link up perfectly to the aircraft (catering, air stairs, cargo, buses, cleaning and refueling services) * De-icing in winter * Boarding passengers with sound * Follow me car to show the way to the parking position (looks a lot better than those strange arrows used by Microsoft!) * Sound effects while rolling over the centerline lights at the runway * Simulation of water or snow at the runway * Highly detailed (3d) marshaller at all parking positions that do not have docking assistance systems * Detailed configuration of door/hatch location on aircraft, sound effects and vehicles * Alternative configurationfor AES Airports, momentarily in EDDT * New sponsor mode for special airports e.g. LSZH from FreeZ AEU:File Description:AEU 3 will significantly enhance world-wide airport scenery. The upgrade includes ramps, taxiways, runways, airport lighting, a few of the more common terminal buildings, and some hangars. Both day and night textures are included. A great deal of effort was made to reproduce colors and details as they appear in real life. This version includes significant improvements of the runway environment and airport lighting. Runway, taxiway, approach and center-line lighting have been brightened and enhanced. All previous fixes have been integrated, along with a more realistic concrete/ asphalt texturing. By Chris Arrington - Public Domain.

AES sounds interesting.Will it work in FSX? If so where can I get it?....Thanks.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Sorry but it will not work in FSX. A great add on for FS9 which keeps me still using FS9 and FSX.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

>>Does it work at any airport? I was under the impression that>it was limited to only a few airports in Germany.>>>Mark.hi Mark, no it only works with airports that the author has added to the program here's the list of airports they have some are free with most you need to get credits for them remember this is only for fs9 there gonna try to make one for fsx.http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-re/links/aesairports.htmlhttp://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/ibosh...i?showd,,D10333

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.