Sign in to follow this  
jcmissionary

Gear up in a Cessna 182 - Ooops!!

Guest airbus2

Dont you just hate it when that happens!at least he got the centre line.Dave

{scraaaaape}That should be a must-watch lesson video for those training on RG airplanes. :)

Oh, don't you just wince when you see that :-eek Seems to play fine in Firefox but not in IE7 despite the Adobe Flash Player being installed in both. Strange?!Mike

In the piper arrow that I fly the gears would come down automatically when the speed is low enough (unless I override it).A feature like that would have saved the day.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

>In the piper arrow that I fly the gears would come down>automatically when the speed is low enough (unless I override>it).>>A feature like that would have saved the day.How low? Can you prevent it if attempting a ditching?Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest jonasbeaver

CRINGE!!!!a DPE at the airport I learned out of in florida was with a student and geared up a piper seminole, totaling both engines. He cried in the cockpit... I can totally understand it, and I would be interested to see the next 5 minutes of video...thanks for the share

I know this is a little late, but yes, you can disable this feature. I do it all the time with the Arrows I fly while practicing slow flight and power-on stalls. I always turn it back on, though, when I'm done. I also check my gear on base and final, too.