Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

What is the SDK

Guest harleyman52

and does it auto install from the Deluxe Disk??If so should I download the update for it?Thanks......

SDK= "Software Development Kit" - it provides information and examples of how to develop add-ons for FS.It is only available with the deluxe version and must be installed manually from the CD.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Look in C:(if that is where your FSX loaded)Program FilesMicrosoft Games. If you see a folder called Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK, that it loaded automaticly. SDK is set of tools for altering or adding to FSX. For example; I have added airports and flight plans, both of which use Simconnect. There are two SDK updates, and because I have both SPs I needed both SDK updates. Not sure if you need them otherwise. You can get more info from Fsinsider.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest harleyman52

Thanks...That answered my question......I have Deluxe but am waiting to install it when my new puter arrives this saturday.....So I'll skip gathering the updates for now.....My new Puter.....Digital Storm DesktopWindows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)Case: Digital Storm 850Si Power Supply: 750W Corsair HX (Dual SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition)Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz (1066MHz FSB) (8MB Cache)(overclocked) 3.1GHzMotherboard: nVidia 780i Core 2 Quad (By: eVGA) (nForce 780i SLI)Memory: 4GB DDR2 Corsair at 1066MHz Dominator (Dual Channel) (Extreme-Performance)Hard Drive 1: 150GB Western Digital Raptor (10K RPM) (16MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)Hard Drive 2: 250GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 512MB (By: eVGA) (PCI-Express)Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi FPS Fatal1ty Champion (Includes Front I/O Unit)Cooling: Air Cooled Stage 3 WindTunnel (Copper Heatpipe Heatsink & Zalman Case Fans)

Guest NoobPilot

Nice new system! I now have to wipe drool off of my keyboard after reading about your video cards.

Guest harleyman52

>Nice new system! I now have to wipe drool off of my keyboard>after reading about your video cards. It arrives this Saturday......feels like Christmas morning and I'm 5 again......LOL

Guest fsxmissionguy

Your SLI will be useless in FSX (I suspect you may already be aware of that, and using this rig for other games, so just saying.)If it's primarily your flight computer, however, you'd be better off ditching the expensive video cards and Vista 64, and spending the money instead on CPUs and XP.