Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Some questions about FSX

1- Is it possible to set the outside view to "locked spot" permanently?2- I've noticed that some sceneries I have added via the scenery library within FSX do not appear in the scenery.cfg - Also that some I added manually didn't show in the sim until entered via the scenery library. Does it mean that I cannot add sceneries to the scenery.cfg manually just like in FS9? Is there an effective way to add sceneries manually?Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before.Regards

I believe you can go to your cameras.cfg file in the same place the FSX.cfg is, not the one in your main FSX folder, and delete:[CameraDefinition.003]Title = SpotGuid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}Description = This is the description of the spot view.Origin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = OrdinalSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = FlatChaseShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = FALSETransition = YesShowLensFlare=TRUECategory = OutsideClipMode = SpotPitchPanRate=30HeadingPanRate=75PanAcceleratorTime=0Then change the numbers of CameraDefinition.### after it. Make sure you backup the original cameras.cfg as normal spot view will be gone for good. I did this for the tower view because it was getting annoying.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest RonB49

Re: 2. You are probably looking in the wrong scenery.cfg file. As I recall, the file in your flt sim root folder is not the active scenery configuration. The problem is, I don't remember where the "real" config resides. I'd start looking in the same folder as your Fsx.cfg file.If you can't find it, post an inquiry in the Scenery Forum.R-

Guest PPSFA

There are 3 scenery.cfg's:C:Documents and SettingsYourUserNameApplication DataMicrosoftFSXC:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftFSXC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xand no, I have no idea why, but all 3 should match.

Hello Janquin,The file in the FS root folder is a template - it is only there so that FS can re-create the file in case the active scenery cfg is damaged or deleted.(Tell_FS: Guys, in the future, could you please put all the templates in a specific Template directory. This has created a lot of confusion in the community.)The active scenery cfg file should be the one in Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftFSX. But, there is no point in modifying this file manually since everything can be done through the FS user interface. This is the only file that contains all the user modifications.The scenery cfg file in Documents and Settingsusername is just a mistake, a holdover from initial planning.Best regards.Luis

Luis & allOnce again for all the replies and for the clarification concerning scenery.cfg - There is a good reason why I alwaysenter sceneries manually. Just as in FS9 I will have a folder on a separate drive, for each country I have an scenery for,as well as a txt file with the entries for that country. The logic behind this is that as addon sceneries grow there isno need to strain the sim & memory by loading sceneries that have no relevance to that particular route I am going to fly.This reduces the amount of files and caching to memory and keepsthe sim lean, and in the event of a sim crash due to bad scenery ora memory leak, you have just a few entries to investigate.It allows me to quickly edit/assign priorities for mesh, terrain, landclass and sceneries. I cannot imagine what a nightmare it mustbe, having to manipulate say 500+ entries in one scenery.cfg file using the FSX interface.The only thing missing is an Scenery Align update for FSX,Regards