Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

scenery EVEREST in high resolution : by Frank

Guest frank51

From a few days I have begun this great scenery includes Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, in all the slopes. I use my method for the application of the textures. The effect is almost realistic, these enormous mountains are ideal for this method. here are some screenshots that give the idea of the great realism.the images are screenshots of FSX (they are not postcards!!)i101518_EVERNUP1b.jpgNuptse South slope:i101516_Nuptse15b.jpgLhotse :i101515_EV24b.jpgfinally the Everest seen from nearby:i101520_EVEREST1b.jpgThe job is alone to the beginning, but promises well!Hi, Frank

Guest Nils79

Fantastic work Frank!Now i have to check your blog every day :)

Stunning! Beautiful! Gorgeous! For those of us who love FSX realistic scenery ... you are such a gift!!We can't wait for you to finish, Frank, and we are cheering for you. I think you must be a special agent of the Creator to let us enjoy his marvelous work!

Molto bello Franck, grazzie!!It really looks fantastic :--)Thank you so much

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I do hope most sincerely that you'll consider using someplace other than that lame "Rapidshare" server for your scenery.I've been trying for nearly two WEEKS to get the missing pieces of your Alps scenery! :-bang

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest frank51

Tim, is a great honor for me to receive your compliments, Thanks Am I very interested to REX, really fantastic!, when the download will be possible? Thanks stillHi, Frank

Guest frank51

It will be a scenery of great dimensions, therefore I will have to find a server that sustains over 400 MB of upload... suggest me you...Hi, Frank

Guest frank51

David, Thanks... I hope within 1-2 weeks to finish the whole scenery, longer time is for the finishing touch...I will put some other screenshotHi, Frank

Guest shnala

As I promise - here's the Aerosoft "Lukla" scenery, Frank. I must explain one thing - in yellow scare you can see the only area that comes with this add-on, which is quite small ! Only Everest, Lhothe & Nutpse. But on pic that have also red square - that's my version, version WITH mr Holger Sandmann "Himalaya Mt Everest photoreal" which covers much bigger area but in (FS2004 standard!) 4.7m/pix resolution. It covers two more 8.000m+ mountains - Cho Oyu and my favourite - Makalu. How big area will your scenery will cover, Frank ? Will it include Makalu, also ?? Please...??? :D Also you can notice that this scenery looks quite bad from distance, even this old Holger's scenery looks way better, but from close.... it really shines... Keep up with this wonderfull work of your Frank and best wishes, shnala ____________________________________________

Guest frank51

Thanks shnala I have seen the screenshots,they have used the only ortofotos detailed that exist. (but to low resolution) I have added true photo texture and adapt with perspective transformation and projection geometry. my scenery is 1 mt/pixelthe scenery is very great and, there is not the Makalu, (at least for now).Hi,Frank

Guest JoeInCT

Look gorgeous. Did you place any debris on the summit of Everest (i.e. flags mostly)?