Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

scenery EVEREST in high resolution : by Frank

Guest shnala

First - Himalaya mesh from FS9 work perfectly in FSX. I got it. Second - you don't really need coordinates for Everest, if you install it properly you WILL find it, easy - it's so different from default FSX scenery ! Just start from Lukla and fly north... If you (like I do ) got Aerosoft's Lukla package... you won't be able to stop flying around ! ;) Third - I'm not sure about installing all the files in one folder? Maybe one scenery should have higher priority over the other ? Frank ?? Fourth - may I recommend this package : "Himalayan Peaks Volume 2 - Mt. Everest photoreal textures" (go to library and copy/paste this text) by mr Holger Sandmann. Almost 14.000 downloads should be enough recommendation !? This scenery should have LOWER priority over Frank's newly "Everest" package !!! By installing this you will have much better transition from hi-res Frank scenery to the (poor) default FSX scenery. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186981.jpg Red is Holger area and the Yellow is Aerosoft area (but similar to Frank area). And.... Fifth - congratulation Frank ! 719 DL part 1, 709 DL's part 2 ! This moment. (last night when I start my DL's it was 24/22) ...and this # will grow, of course.... ________________________________________

Guest frank51

Thanks Geofa, the images are very beautiful! Also 3D is fabulous! Thanks about installing it is possible to put all the files bgl in an only folder (the files are numbered by 1 to 10)Hi, Frank

Guest bjablonka

I still have the problem that I cannot see the difference. I flew to the exact coordinates, but all I can see is FSX scenery. I copied all the files under addon/scenery and marked the checkbox addon in settings. I moved addon to priority 1. What am I doing wrong?ThanksBernd

Guest bjablonka

Thanks Frank, great job!Bernd

Guest frank51

These screenshots (FSX) to see the good compatibility with the pakage Himalaya of Holger Sandmann(FS9)i109623_compPP5b.jpgi109622_compPP1b.jpgi109621_compPPb.jpgOnly chromatic differences of the ground, very well the fusion!Hi, Frank

Guest shnala

Yes, they fit almost perfectly ! Just one thing Frank... I don't want to people search under wrong name all over AVsim File Library : It's "Everest by Holger Sandmann" not "Himalaya by Holger Sandmann". My stuff: Does anyone have this strange "water textures" around Everest or it's just me !? http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187619.jpgSecond - my only complain would be... you really must be close to have Hi-res textures ! Otherwise, you'll have some like on pic 2.... http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187620.jpg(I have all important sliders set to highest level, just to let you know!) But if you're close enough, you will enjoy the views like this ! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187621.jpg__________________________________________

Guest ThomasE

I have these "strange" water textures too, but it

Guest frank51

Not worried you, the strange strips of water are due to the setting "effect water" that zero must be put (OFF) The problem of the blurries texture, is tied up unfortunately to the system FSX that from priority to the airplane and not in the scenery. It loads the texutures with delay (the famous effect blurries),partial solutions exist, manipulating the fsx.cfg, but few effective.Hi, Frank

Guest ThomasE

Here is small video of Lukla and the Himalaya-Region of Holger and Frank.Just recorded it, nothing special, just flying around.Compression could be better, to see more of the beauty of this sceneries...but I am new to this and don

Guest frank51

Beautiful the video, Tom, compliment! Excellent the music... Let's know the limits of YuoTube!! that strange strip of water depends on the setting (FSX) of the "Effect water" , but put OFF