Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Menu Crash Fix?

Hello everyoneI have searched the forum for a fix for the menu crashing in full screen.I just built a new system for FSX and it works great except I cant get to the menus in full screen without crashing FSX. I hope there is a fix other than running in windowed mode.My new system Q6600, MSI 8800gt, 169.xx drivers cant remember but are not betasAny help appreciatedThanks,Jerry

This may fix your problem. It has fixed mine. Use Nhancer to set your GPU settings. Make sure both global and profile settings are EXACTLY the same. In the area of Multi Core support select single core even if you have a dual core. If your not familiar with Nhancer let me know and I will dig up a post telling you what settings to use.

Jim Wenham

I've found that using the keyboard rather than the mouse to access the menu system will delay crashing the sim indefinitely. After you open the menu with the Alt key you navigate with the direction keys and hit Enter to execute your selection.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

>Hello everyone>>I have searched the forum for a fix for the menu crashing in>full screen.Search for "OOM Error" (without the quotes). You'll get a belly full of information on how to set your /3GB userva=2065 switch, which should help a lot.The rest will involve finding the driver for your 8800 that work best for your system.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks very much for your help guys!!!I messed around with nhancer and global settings FSX works ok now.I hope its a driver issue and Nvidia fixes it soon.But FSX does work now and im very happy with my new system.Thanks so much for your help guys,Jerry

Jerry, what did you upgrade from. I am in the process of deciding what I want to put in my new system and what new things has the upgrade allowed you to do as far as FSX.

Jim Wenham