Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

3d experience now in vista-heads up...

Ok, I took the plunge with the DDD drivers based on info on their website and lo and behold the interlaced 3D effect works if I manually kick in the e3d glasses into interlaced mode!!!Oh my gosh, full color FSX in 3D!!! Will wait for future drivers to come out but if anyone has the e3d glasses here's how to get it to work under vista!First of all install the latest non beta NVidia drivers (for nvidia cards), I have an 8500GT temporarily...Use your edimensional install software on CD and download the update from the edimensional website... Run the updated installer from the website and choose the non-nvidia install... This will allow you to manually kick in the 3D driver...Next get the FSX DDD driver and choose:Manufacturer: (standard display types)Model: Interlaced (mode 6)3D Display Location: (Your Videocard)Make sure the eDimensional controller has 'enable game 3d' switched off... Otherwise it tends to crash the 3d software programs like FSX and COD4...Start FSX, and load up a flight in windowed mode (full screen mode did not work for me)... If you start up and get a black screen because you're in full screen mode, just hit alt+enter to enter windowed mode...Right click on the eDimensional controller in your system tray and click "3D Display On" (you may have needed to also set your system up for interlaced mode through the other edimensional controller)...Voila, interlaced 3D FSX on Vista... :-)I have a weird thing happening now that I've stopped flying FSX, my eyes keep wigging out and trying to make the screen 3D while I'm typing this...Anyway, that's how to get a work around for the e3d glasses for FSX under Vista 32bit for now until edimensional comes out with new drivers *hope hope*Oh be sure to launch FSX via the TriDef Launchpad ;-)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

:( I just tried the demo of the DDD video to 3D stuff under the eDimensional glasses while watching some high definition NASA videos and I am floored!!!$5 for FSX support was well worth it, but the results on DVD/Video are even better and I'm sure will be worth the $50 for that functionality, I'll have to check out my own filmwork videos and see how well they convert to 3D...My gosh guys! The DDD drivers and the eDimensional LCD e3d glasses rock!!!

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

OH MY GAAAAAAAD!!!THIS IS AMAZING!!!wow in the PMDG 747 this is so real!!!!i am a real skeptic at all this stuffbut i had to try it as it is relatively inexpensive to try, i am absolutely blown away!!!the PMDG 747 VC is just amazing!!!even my wife, whose interest in FS is from here to the moon, was impressed, i tell you if you havent tried this out, go try it NOW!!!!forget large and multilarge displays you need to get this to experience full 3D glory!(sorry for my rant, im so excited)!!!!!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I know exactly how you feel Clayton, I was just as excited when I first tried this out :-)Too bad though there doesn't seem to be any have this work yet in 64-bit Vista or has anyone found a way to have this work there as well?

Richard Åsberg

lol yea, getting good frame rates in FSX, to my surprise! im using the DDD drivers not the nvidia ones,one thing i need to get used to is to access the dials on the MCP as its a little tricky in 3D!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Sorry to drag this old thread up but I have a slight problem. I had big problems with my hard drive last month so had to end up reinstalling everything. All has gone well but I've encountered a problem after I tried to revisit stereo using the DDD drivers. I have a TH2Go and I'm sure that previously I used it with the DDD drivers with no problems. However, now when I try to run FSX in 3d using the drivers in 3840 x 1024 all I seem to get is a corrupt display (FSX just appears in about a third of my middle screen). As far as I can remember I haven't done anything different and I'm sure that the DDD drivers did work before with TH2Go. Am I imagining it?!! I've tried setting the desktop to 3840 x 1024 but that makes no difference.

Driver, 3d Glasses and a normal LCD 60Hz monitor = 3D ???Looking at the driver it mentions the need for anaglyph displays or special hardware displays?Seen other people saying you need a CRT at 100Hz or more?Supporting GeForce Stereoscopic 3D Displays•Passive polarized stereo displays◦Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W (22 inch 1680x1050)◦Zalman TriMon ZM-M190 (19 inch 1280x1024) ◦Zalman HDTV LCD (1366x768)•Anaglyph display with red/blue stereo glasses

Driver, 3d Glasses and a normal LCD 60Hz monitor = 3D ???Answer=Yes!The other stuff is probably optimum.

Driver, 3d Glasses and a normal LCD 60Hz monitor = 3D ???Answer=Yes!The other stuff is probably optimum.
Indeed yes, as has been talked about for most of this thread. :(

Guest cllutch

I went to the movie to watch my bloody valentine, it was pretty decent for a 3d horror flick. They gave me 3d glasses but they are not colored, grey grey each eye which driver should I be using for best/cheapest :( results? And by the way this is my first post but i have been lurking around these forums for quite awhile for anything i needed to know about fsx!

Sorry to drag this old thread up but I have a slight problem. I had big problems with my hard drive last month so had to end up reinstalling everything. All has gone well but I've encountered a problem after I tried to revisit stereo using the DDD drivers. I have a TH2Go and I'm sure that previously I used it with the DDD drivers with no problems. However, now when I try to run FSX in 3d using the drivers in 3840 x 1024 all I seem to get is a corrupt display (FSX just appears in about a third of my middle screen). As far as I can remember I haven't done anything different and I'm sure that the DDD drivers did work before with TH2Go. Am I imagining it?!! I've tried setting the desktop to 3840 x 1024 but that makes no difference.
I guess nobody knows then.