Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

3d experience now in vista-heads up...

>I hadn't researched the size of the lenses particularly, I>just assumed (always a dangerous thing to do esp with>computers) that a lens that covered the screen would do the>job. Is there a link on how to use the lenses and do you have>to create the box or can you just somehow mount them to the>monitor? Thanks again for your time.>>Incisal FlyerIf you get the 3dlens.com lens that I suggest earlier in this thread then I would go for between a 19 and 22 inch monitor. No smaller and no larger and you will be fine. If 3 screens then up to 22 inch for center and two 19 inch for the flankers.Hope this helps. In terms of making a housing for them, I can send you some photo's of my setup if required.

Keith Sandford.

Guest incisal flyer

Hi, thanks for the response. Was the 22 inch a widescreen or a 4:3 and do you find that your video card (8800 756MB) is powerful enough to fill all the screens even with generating a split image for 3D? Do you wish you had gone with an SLI setup? Yes would very much like to see the photos of the frenzel lens setup, my email is tomdevlindds@hotmail.com. Thanks for your time Slip stream, I appreciate it and have a great day.Incisal Flyer

Yeh, normal 22 widescreen monitor. My card is well up to the job, can't afford another one at the mo for sli. I will send you some photo's mate.

Keith Sandford.

Please show us the photos here so we can see the setup as well if it's OK with you, would be great!

Richard Åsberg

Well I got my glasses today and am currently trying to get them to work in FSX. However, everytime I try to enable 3d using CNTRL+T my system freezes and I need to switch it off and on again. I'm using the latest Nvidia XP stereo drivers and the same "normal" drivers version. Card is 7900GT. Any ideas as to what I might need to change? The Nvidia test image works ok.

That was quick. You must have been reading my mind!:D Just to clarify, I use my previously installed Nvidia driver (I went back to 91.31 to use 3d) and the DDD drivers. I don't use the Nvidia stereo driver at all?

Thanks for answering, Geoff. Guess i'll have to try that scenery.Regards.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Now I am confused... I am using the 174.76 stereo driver with the latest nvidia standard driver-174.74. I am using the DDD drivers with both these installed. I can switch from nvidia to ddd this way.I am not sure what DDD works with (older standard drivers)-but I know for the nvidia stereo driver to have a hope you have to have the latest beta of each...http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Well I reinstalled my 91.47 drivers and installed the DDD drivers. All works fine. All I need to do now is tweak it very slightly for performance and colour.

Hmmm. Might have spoken too soon. Framerates are dramatically down and the red part of the color spectrum is very much reduced if not eliminated on my monitor. Back to the drawing board for me it seems.