Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Flight1's Super 80

Hi,I'm thinking of adding a third a/c to my FS hangar and I've been looking at the Super 80 from Flight1. Currently I'm doing all my flying in Level-D's 767 and DA's Piper Cheyenne. I'm running Vista and FSX.I'm very pleased with both the LDS 767 and the Piper Cheyenne, how does the Super 80 compare to these when it comes to quality both for visuals and systems modelled?Thanks in advance for your input!

Richard Åsberg

Hi,One of the best add-on aircraft I have ever purchased. It has great graphics, detailed voice check lists, and really sound navigation systems. It has the type of challenges that makes it hard to go back to any of the default aircraft. By it.Capt.Mac

>Hi,>>One of the best add-on aircraft I have ever purchased. It has>great graphics, detailed voice check lists, and really sound>navigation systems. It has the type of challenges that makes>it hard to go back to any of the default aircraft. >>By it.>>Capt.MacTo any of the default aircraft? Lol, I would chanllenge this by saying it makes it hard to go back to any of the existing commercial add-on aircrafs. It gives you a serious cockpit workload, requires a lot of concentration, it has wonderful graphics, it offers excellent manual and/or auto handling, and absolutely the BEST FPS performance in FSX. Also, as I mentioned, unlike Level-D and PMDG's it gives you more room for manual flying, but can also autoland you with autoreverse without touching the yoke or throttle. I'm fully with Capt.Mac here: Strong Buy!

I can't compare it to LDS or the Cheyenne but i can testify it's wonderful addon. My machine is obsolete these days and can't carry the weight of the models you usually fly. The Super 80, however is very flyable despite the complex systems simulation. It's pretty much the only airliner I fly in FSX these days. Also, like what's already been stated, auto flying her is more of a challenge and she's a delight to hand fly.Get it. You won't be disappointed!Have fun/Jonas

Is it possible to fly the Super 80 entirely from the VC? Thanks

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Thanks alot for your great input guys, looks like I will have a MD80 in my FS hanger very soon ;)

Richard Åsberg

>Is it possible to fly the Super 80 entirely from the VC?Yes, you can fly it without having to switch to the 2D pit. However, there's a few actions that require a 2D panel but they can all be called up from the VC.Cheers/Jonas

>Thanks alot for your great input guys, looks like I will have>a MD80 in my FS hanger very soon ;)What should be also mentioned, is that Super80 is being continuously supported and improved in the 'special' legitimate buyers' section of their forum. Espen is an amazing dedicated developer, who doesn't stop. Sorry, if I haven't mentioned all others involved, I'm still a little new to this jewel.

Sounds like I can't go wrong with this one, I'm already looking forward trying it out!

Richard Åsberg

.. but be prepared for a pretty good learning curve - with the integration of flight planning, ACARS; the ONS and FMC, the use of the autopilot, setting up the trim for take-off: it's a great aircraft and all a great experience! AND it works just fine with HiFiSim's XPax! :-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Sounds like a great aircraft.What are the FPS like compared to LDS 767? Also, are the VC gauges smooth?

Matthew S

>>Is it possible to fly the Super 80 entirely from the VC?>>Yes, you can fly it without having to switch to the 2D pit.>However, there's a few actions that require a 2D panel but>they can all be called up from the VC.>>Cheers>>/JonasThanks for that info, swapping back to 2D with trackir working is a curse.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

>AND it works just fine with HiFiSim's XPax!>> :-beerchugIs XPax good? What does it give you? :)Thanks.Dirk.

.it can be just ambience, but it can and does give you a sense of purpose; that how you fly actually has a consequence, rather than "just goofing around". Any moderately competent pilot can take a 172 around the circuit without too many problems, but it takes a goodly number of very purposeful and correctly-executed actions to pull off a complete and successful flight in something like the '80. It's a great feeling when it all comes together.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul, any specific feature in XPax that you like the most?Thanks.