Sign in to follow this  
wandelen

Pet Peeve

Guest dwaohio

I have a pet peeve, for aircraft developers who do not include V-speeds and checklist with their aircraft. I believe the developer takes the time to research the aircraft he/she was developing than there should be a checklist and v-speeds. How do you want us to fly the aircraft without the checklist or v-speeds. I really get upset at paywear without checklists and v-speeds. What do you guys think?Dave

Doesn't bother me in the slightest if a plane doesn't come with them, in fact one of the things I enjoy most about buying a new aircraft is feeling a bit like a test pilot on the first flight. How will it handle? What little demons does the plane have? Learning an aircraft's handling characteristics on my own is a big part of the fun for me. But then I've never been one for rules and procedures.Even if there are checklists included I wouldn't read them until after the first flight. I consider them a 'nice to have' really. Missing VC clickspots, gauges that don't work as advertised, lack of consideration for mulitplayer issues and shared cockpit support, yeah those irk me a bit when I've shelled out coin for a new ride... but checklists, nope. :)And if I do decide I want those I can usually find them on the web in short order. Then it becomes a fun test of: did they get it right? :)Cheers,-mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

V-speeds?? Who uses V-speeds? :-hah Nah, I let the FMC figure it out.DaveESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest dwaohio

>V-speeds?? Who uses V-speeds? :-hah >>Nah, I let the FMC figure it out.>>Dave>ESSB>Some aircraft don't have FMCs......

>I have a pet peeve, for aircraft developers who do not>include V-speeds and checklist with their aircraft. I believe>the developer takes the time to research the aircraft he/she>was developing than there should be a checklist and v-speeds. >How do you want us to fly the aircraft without the checklist>or v-speeds. I really get upset at paywear without checklists>and v-speeds. What do you guys think?>>DaveI think you assume such information is public... which many, many times it is not and thus the developer really can't release the information.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Totally agree to that.It is more annoying if you don't get this information and get answers like "you don't need that - FSX doesn't simulate this well anyway" in support forums.Alex

Guest DanWalloch

Vspeeds aren't secrect...their numbers that don't matter. However it would be useless for someone to give Vspeeds as they generally vary with the wieght of the airplane.

>Vspeeds aren't secrect...their numbers that don't matter.>However it would be useless for someone to give Vspeeds as>they generally vary with the wieght of the airplane.I didn't say they were secret... but if the information the developer has is in a copyrighted text... they can't turn around and just republish it themselves.As for the rest of what you said... very true.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I totally agree. Of course it depends on how good you already are. I don't have time to fly more than two or three times a week, so I don't like to search for hours for checklists on the internet. It wouldn't cost that much time to put the information on paper. Besides I like the excellent documentation about an airplane that a companie like PMDG delivers with their aircraft. I also did like the Beaver of Aerosoft and will buy their Twin Otter, but hesitate about aircraft from other manufacturers.Jan

Guest DanWalloch

>>Vspeeds aren't secrect...their numbers that don't matter.>>However it would be useless for someone to give Vspeeds as>>they generally vary with the wieght of the airplane.>>I didn't say they were secret... but if the information the>developer has is in a copyrighted text... they can't turn>around and just republish it themselves.>>As for the rest of what you said... very true.Retyping a few basic numbers and/or a checklist wouldn't take long. Sure you can't just scan a direct document but you could retype.