Sign in to follow this  
Joe W

Joystick hat

Guest Quboid

I have a fresh installation of FSXD, with Acceleration and FSGlobal X. I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless joystick. The hat on the joystick does nothing. How do I get it to look around?I have the latest driver for the stick and my system is up to date. I also have a wireless XBox controller attached but not configured in FS at all, I believe FS is completely unaware of it. In the control interface, I can set looking in a given direction to the hat button but I can only set one view direction, if I set another to a different hat angle, it unbinds the first - treating the entire hat control as a single input. In the Windows game controllers section, it is working beautifully.

Look in your conroller settings and make sure it is setup properly. There is a hat switch setting about 2/3 down in the list.

Jim Wenham

QuboidMake sure that the pan view is only assigned to your joystick hat in FSX. In my installation of FSX the pan view was also assigned to a non-existent switch/button on my rudder pedals and that gave some very weird results. The upshot make sure there are NO duplicate assignments for anything, axis, key or button in FSX.RegardsPeter Hayes

Mine looses something all the time. I have a MS Sidewinder and lose functions all the time. Solution is to unplug the joystick and replug it a few minutes alter.I lost the flaps once for about 3 months and finally unplugged the joy and rebooted, shut down again and rebooted once more and plugged it back in and that fixed it.Normally it doesn't take something that drastic but ........Joe W.

Guest Quboid

Thank you, there is an option like "View (Pan)" which was unset, that was all!Now if only the screen didn't flicker so much, my framerate was better and I didn't get those ugly cockpit shadows.