Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

direct X 10 Preview? disables lots of stuff booo!

>Perhaps you are running FSX at a lower resolution with a higher refresh rate of 60 Hz?

Art

Everything I have read is that Nvidia was not ready for prime time Vista/FSX with their cards and drivers. Nvidia has said in open forums that Vista has a sync timing code that they cannot get their arms around and embrace.I have also read that MS designed FSX with Vista in mind before Vista even shipped.I got caught right in the middle when I ordered a Computer last year (Feb 2007) that came with Vista 32 and the dual Nvidia GTX8800 768MB video cardsGX2 G80 Dual slot card keeper graphics processorNvidia SLI config graphics processorVista SLI config graphics processorIntel core 2 extreme OC processorA 1000 watt PSU with 6 varible speed fans and water/glycol cooled (with added Nalcool 3000 slime inhibitor for the radiator) There is no doubt this computer does not bogg down and makes FSX sing but it does nothing for all the issues that arise with DX10 preview mode and Nvidia card/drivers that I have been updating for a year now.The solution to my problem and others was the Manufacturer of this computer offered us rebates we could not refuse if we wanted to upgade to the newest computer. Cost of computers that are more then a good used automobile/truck have there perks.Engineering decided they were more satisfied with Vista and ATI technology over Nvidia at this point in time.Two weeks ago the newest updated computer arrived withIntel Core 2Extreme-Quad Core Overclocked to 4.0 GHzDual 1GB ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 Quad GPU Technology CrossFireX GraphicsDX10 preview never looked better and most graphic issues are now behind me. Surprizing enough even all my backward FS9 AI plane textures now show in DX10 preview mode instead of all white AI plane skins. I cannot explain that one.I am sure in due time Nvidia will get it all fixed but I could no longer wait.