Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grahame Myers

Heads UP!! REALAIR SPITFIRE X Released!!

Hey Rob & Sean....one suggestion.... The Flying guide, and other Documents.... Please, PLEASE page number them:-roll I try to print all my stuff double sided. You should see how many pages ended up in the waste basket after printing on wrong sides;) On that note - you can use me as a good guide as to just how well writen that guide is..... When I've just had chemo, my congnative function drops through the floor. That's where i'm at and i'm still digesting the manual. Great stuff guys!

Hi Dougal,The pdf's can be printed by page through the page reference on the bottom or top of the pdf window, depending on which way you have the reader set up, but I hear what you say and we'll take note of that request.All our guides are written in plain, untechnical English. We see absolutely no need for unnecessary jargon, and indeed can't stand jargon of any sort!All the best,Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Paul J and others, many thanks for the informative replies.As I predicted, I was unable to resist.5 flights later, I see that you were absolutely right. The Spit and the P40 are wholly different, and I'm very pleased to have both. Thanks, though, for the suggestions that helped me get there.Good grief, but this Spitfire is an impressive beast. RA strikes again. Choice of flyer is becoming increasingly difficult!

Paul Skol

>Oh, and I thought I'd be extra pedantic and check the>tailplane whilst altering the pitch trim to see if the visual>model reflected changes in trim accurately - lo and behold it>does!! For the first time ever in FS an aircraft actually>displays changes in trim in the tailplane correctly!!!>>JamesJames, I'm so glad you noticed! That took a fair bit of programming to achieve ;).Sean.

>In the FSX version - as you increase or>decrease rpm a point is reached where the stroboscopic effect>of the prop seems to double the blade numbers somewhat, and>then they "twitch" back and forth.Paul, unfortunately we're at the mercy of FSX here - the prop animation in the Spit uses a standard FSX prop animation. It would be possible to program a custom one, but on my machine the prop animates quite smoothly so that didn't seem necessary. One thing I've noticed is the prop animation can be very framerate dependent, appearing quite differnent at different framerates.All the best,

Just a quick heads-up - I'm currently working on a paintkit for the Spit, it should be ready within a few days. It takes quite some time to merge hundreds of badly organised photoshop layers into a managable amount ;).All the best,

Guest sillyeagle

>Those shots are absolutely breath-taking! Nice work!>Thanks Sean!

Guest sillyeagle

In regards to memory usage and 32bit textures, I found I was getting severe hitching while using 16xS supersampling @ 1600, which is on a 768MB card. After dropping down to 8xS SS the hitching was gone.

Guest stevehow

Hi allhow refreshing to see a very very nice thread.No negative responses at all.just people trying to help each other enjoy a fantastic aircraft.i think RealAir bring out the best in all of us. steve :-) :-)