Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grahame Myers

Heads UP!! REALAIR SPITFIRE X Released!!

All aspects of this release, from the sound, to the VC, to the exterior model are absolutely spectacular. If you even remotely like the Spit (and who doesn't?) you owe it to yourself to get this. Even if you don't, you should get it to see what FSX is capable of!

I use FSForce too. Works well. Makes force feedback much more realistic. No frame rate hit I can see, although on my system, Vsync needs to be on to stop texture tearing in full screen mode. Highly recommended. http://www.fs-force.com/Does it work with all force feedback joysticks? That I can't say, as I have only ever tried it on my MS Sidewinder 2 stick.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Regarding the Euro, I heard that some European governments are worried that the Euro is too strong, and it is hurting European exports now, and that they want to bring it down somehow.The Euro now EXCEEDS where the GBP was to the dollar a few years ago.Also, the dollar is weak. So that plays together.I know Rob (who of course is in Europe) and team crunched the numbers heavily, and actually compromised a bit on the current price. But given were the dollar/euro was, it is in a sense maybe $29.00 based on euro pricing 4 years ago.Anyway, hopefully a few circuits in the plane will make dollar spenders forget the little extra hit in the wallet.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Yeah - it's only about a tankful of gas in a modern compact......:+

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yes. Russell's program works with all FF joysticks. Couldn't live without it.StanPs. Geoffa...what 3D glasses do you own...and where shall I buy them?

.. changed from Omega drivers to the ATI 8.3 and stuttering went away.. Traffic and settings, fluidity and frames right back to normal. :-hmmmThis is cross-wind landing heaven, isn't it?? That elevator gets nice and light around eighty-five on the flare! You can put it just where you want it. Piece o' cake! Just a beautiful, beautiful aeroplane. Here's a link to some more unusual Spitfire 'photos...http://www.ml407.co.uk/pages/gallery.html:-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

So where do I find this russel ffb software :). Also those eyesessory any chance getting it to work with an 8800 series card?

Guest sillyeagle

Regarding the performance hit, I tested the SF260 at 32fps and the Merlin Spitfire at 25fps, so it looks like you might have to notch things back a bit depending on what your're looking for. I guess thats a fair price for something this visually stunning. Since I'm using 16xS supersampling at 1600x1200 I tested with the 16bit textures but saw no difference.

>> know Rob (who of course is in Europe) and team crunched the numbers heavily, and actually compromised a bit on the current price. But given were the dollar/euro was, it is in a sense maybe $29.00 based on euro pricing 4 years ago.<

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

.. as I said, Rob - it's merely one tank of gas/petrol for a small car. One hour of comparative boredom in a r/w Cessna 1xx costs $140 - $170 Canadian. I have a neighbor who spends twice the cost of the Spit in beer per week. ;-)

>>.. as I said, Rob - it's merely one tank of gas/petrol for a small car.One hour of comparative boredom in a r/w Cessna 1xx costs $140 - $170 Canadian. I have a neighbor who spends twice the cost of the Spit in beer per week. ;-)<

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob, i just have to say thanks man. Without doubt, for me, the best FS addon i've EVER had, and by the gods, i have many. I've spent a small fortune on FS over the years - I actuall dread to think just how much. However, I'd (almost:-)) happily give up all the others to keep this if i were given a choice. I simply love it!This is going to sound awfully melodramatic, but i won't apologise for that.... You've made a dying man a lot more content and, an awfull lot happier than he has been over the last few weeks.I thought you'd reached the pinicle after releasing the FS260 for FSX, but this.... this just blows everying out of the water. I can only hope you get as much pleasure being the creator of such artwork, as we obviously seem to get from flying this bird.I thank you.EDIT: ooops! me poor spellin commin oot todey!!!

>"Dang it looks awesome, though the Euro is killing the dollar>right now">>I completely sympathise with that statement. If you only knew>what agonies we went through trying to negotiate the currency>exchange problems currently unfolding. In real terms, not just>ours, many addons are in Europe about the same price they were>seven years ago, despite inflation.>>But unfortunately either the Euro is excessively high or the>dollar is excessively low (I'm not taking sides). Either way>our US customers are finding foreign goods expensive at the>moment. I really hope that changes soon.>>Best Wishes,>>Rob Young - RealAir Simulations>>Thanks Rob, I will talk to my beautiful wife....we'll see, I have both your guys' SF260 and Scout 07 pack....best planes out there for FSX!!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There was a free demo for FS Force 2.0 but I am not sure it was an improvement. What profile do you use or have you made your own?Otherwise I did some IL 2 today and climbing with spitfires IX and early FW 190s and then to climb into an XIV *******. It climbs like a jet