Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Microsof FSX's success: FS9 vs. FSX sales

The problem is that it's very hard to distinguish between your humour and the very serious ranting of a lot of other people who actually mean what they say...

>The problem is that it's very hard to distinguish between>your humour and the very serious ranting of a lot of other>people who actually mean what they say...No it's not.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

FS11 can not be released until we all have FSX running perfectly and are all singing about how wonderful life is. Then we can see FS11 released. That way we can all start complaining about how FS11 sucks and isn't as fast as FSX.After all, the only thing that give us simmers more pleasure in life than simming, is complaining about the latest Microsoft flight sim product.:)

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

>I'm looking forward to MSTS so I can run my commuter train>(MBTA in Boston- also my employer) It'll be cool to get a bit>of old Colony lovin' going on!Only if you can keep runaway boxcars in check!! :)

I apologize if I was raining on the parade, but it *is* sometimes hard to tell if a particular bit is serious or humorous. All I am trying to do is avoid is a raft of "why isnt FS11 coming out now" posts this Christmas.

>>The problem is that it's very hard to distinguish between>>your humour and the very serious ranting of a lot of other>>people who actually mean what they say...>>No it's not.Yes, it is. ;)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>All I am trying to do is avoid is a raft of "why isnt FS11>coming out now" posts this Christmas.Wellllllll - since you brought it up.....I want to be the first....why isn't...;)VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx 169.13 betaKandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest jacilore

>Maybe I'm dense but if you haven't made the migration to FSX>yet and >have decided to stay with FS9 then why are you even worrying>about>FSXI ?>>CraigPerhaps it's me the dense one, but why should the migration be necessarily from FS9 through FSX to FSX1?

>All I am trying to do is avoid is a raft of "why isnt FS11>coming out now" posts this Christmas.futile. Honourable, but futile. Like charging a pillbox with only a pistol and a KBar...

Guest SkullxBones

I would imagine FX11 will be graphically more demanding than FSX, and considering how much trouble people are having keeping up with the hardware demands of FSX, I think it will be a long time before FS11 will see the light of day.I just hope Phil and team focus less on pretty graphics and more on flight, AI, ATC, etc.

Guest AV

>I just hope Phil and team focus less on pretty graphics and>more on flight, AI, ATC, etc. Better graphics are a given but I do not predict that they will be much better than FSX. When you have the model the entire world 150 miles around you (in rather high detail, now we can view the entire world at a high enough altitude as well) there's only so much that can be modeled with a mainstream consumer computer system.Simconnect shows us where MS wants to take FS. Multiplayer is where it's at now. VATSIM and other networks like it have existed for years but now I see MS (along with a marriage of the subscription-based XBOX Live system) constructing a MMO world of their own for players to fly and control with other players. The hardest part of VATSIM and those other networks is making the first connection. If MS makes it a "one click" affair with the next version of FS this whole "MMO of the Skies" thing is going to explode."The Sims: Flight Simulator XI," they'd call it, if they could.

Guest jacilore

I see it just the opposite way; I think there's a chance to develope FS11 keeping in mind to solve those troubles, by adapting the program to the latest types of processors and then making possible to welcome simmers both from fs9 and fsx, and yet improving the graphic quality of the game. As computer's have still progressed since the launch of FSX, I find now it would not be so difficult.

that's what I'm afraid of, FS being dumbed down to appeal to the XBox masses with their 30 second attention spans.Reduce FS to a game, highly simplified flight dynamics to make it easy to fly with an XBox controller sitting on the couch with a beer in one hand and a bowl of fries in your lap.

Guest Rick Baldwin

As we all recall, some folks were also worried when missions were announced as a feature in FSX. There was much hue and cry about the dumbing down of the sim, but what do you know, no such thing happened. Phil and the rest of the ACES struck a proper balance, and now you would be hard pressed to find anyone who who criticizes the addition of the missions. So Phil and the rest of the ACES have earned my trust that they will not allow FSXI to become a dumbed down piece of junk. After all, this is THEIR baby too!-Rick