Sign in to follow this  
VS0

EXTREME ERROR!!!! PLEASE HELP

ok well here we go..basically i decided to re-install fs9 and half way through i needed to cancel. Whilst the installer was removing the installed files i had to rush out and shut down the computer completely so i did.When i came home i started up fsx and i get an error saying the scenery and texture cfg files are missing or corrupt flight simulator will now exit.Is it possible somebody could copy and paste their cfg file for texture and scenery so i could copy it and see if it fixes my problem?I will have to install my scenery addons but i have them backed up on my computer so it doesnt matter.if anybody could help in ANY way please reply to this post.Thanks for all the helpRichy

but i have very vuluable and large amount of addons such as pmdg level d etc. will these be replaced if i repair the installation?Richy

Hi Richy,Follow Jim's advise. The repair option will only replace files that are missing.Regards,Jim Karn

ok ill try it now thank youRichy

i did the repair and it worked for about 10 minutes then it said i file could not be found please verify the file... so i did i found it and it looks just like all the others. i clicked rety and it couldnt find it again so i cancelled then a fatal error ocurred then it took me to the fsx install screen and said fsx could not be fully installed.i booted up fsx and still the same error.Any help people?Richy

i looked at the dvd and it does look quite scrathched. funny thing is is that it copied ALOT of other files before it failed on this file.The message jsut said "could not find file please verify the file exists and click retry"is there a way of fixing my scenery and tetxure cfg files without the disks as i dont think i know anybody near me with the disks.Richy

Unfortunately i can quite remember but it was something like scenery/world/texture/ and the file name with was a one of hundreds of files looking the same but numbered differentlyRichy

Ill give that a try and i think i may have a friend nearby with a copy of the disks that arent scratched.Ill try your solution alsoRichy