Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

FSInsider Newsletter Issue 1

Anybody else get it? Looks very interesting and I look forward too seeing what comes along in future editions. :)

Guest UlfB

Thanks,For sharing nothing :-hmmm Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Bill,Thanks for the url, but before signing up for the newsletter I would appreciate some kind of info concerning the content. Is it a "must have" for a simmer or more of a simple advertising channel?I've signed up for a lot of newsletters and unsubscribed most after recieving the first one.Ulf B

>Thanks,>>For sharing nothing :-hmmm >>Ulf BThanks for being a misery! I was asking if anybody else had seen it. Sorry, I must have missed your polite enquiry asking for more information.

Guest Rodger Christmann

thanks for sharing:-)

Guest UlfB

>>Thanks,>>>>For sharing nothing :-hmmm >>>>Ulf B>>Thanks for being a misery! I was asking if anybody else had>seen it. Sorry, I must have missed your polite enquiry asking>for more information. >Sorry, no harm ment. I was a bit tired and I did'nt feel that attracted by signing in for a potentially pure advertising newsletter. Not your fault.Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Hi all,Was the the newsletter worth a registration on MSN? Any feedback appreciated.Ulf B

>Bill,>>Thanks for the url, but before signing up for the newsletter I>would appreciate some kind of info concerning the content. Is>it a "must have" for a simmer or more of a simple advertising>channel?Considering the source is ACES, I would assume that the content would be in the form of helpful articles on enhancing one's FSX experience. After all, what have ACES even GOT to "advertise???"Of course, one could simply read at that link what the contents of the monthly newsletter would likely be:The FSInsider newsletter features: * A letter from the Editor * Links to our favorite articles * Tips for getting the most out of Flight Simulator * Insider information about what

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Bud

Actually I signed up for this but haven't received the first issue yet. Must say I'm looking forward to it.Bud

Guest UlfB

>>Considering the source is ACES, I would assume that the>content would be in the form of helpful articles on enhancing>one's FSX experience. After all, what have ACES even>GOT to "advertise???">Well, I think that this is a newsletter published by Microsoft. I can't find anything about ACES on the FSInsider page about the newsletter. Do you really think that MS/ACES has nothing to do with advertising and marketing? You must be kidding :-) How come that you have to register on MSN to be able to get the newsletter?> * A letter from the EditorAnd who is the Editor? I must say that I'm not that impressed so far. I got a newsletter today from Justin at FSGenesis. This newsletter carried some real news about the final release of the America mesh version 2. That's news.> * Links to our favorite articlesCould be interesting.> * Tips for getting the most out of Flight SimulatorSome more new tweaks?> * Insider information about what

>Actually I signed up for this but haven't received the first>issue yet. Must say I'm looking forward to it.>>BudI'm guessing that, unless you were on the mailing list when iaaue 1 was sent out, you'll have to wait for issue 2.

>Have they published any newsletter yet? Would be interesting>if anybody could share any of the news.I've been registered an MSN for years, but for whatever reason did NOT receive a copy of the first newsletter.Honestly I don't expect there to be much more in the newsletter that can't be read directly from FS-Insider, but you never can tell.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here's the main text of the newsletter"From the Editorby Hal Bryan Flight Simulator Community Evangelist Hello from the Microsoft Flight Simulator product team, and welcome to the first issue of the FSInsider newsletter! First of all, our thanks to those of you who originally signed up via the membership section of our site way back when, and to everyone for their patience with the fact that it's been "down for maintenance" since what seems like about 1957. There are a lot of reasons why it's taken this long ... mostly complicated things about legal and privacy requirements, changing tools, processes, and infrastructure. But all of that is too boring (and frustrating!) to waste any more time on here. The important thing is that I wrote this, and now, thanks to the miracle of electric mail, you're reading it! Speaking of reading and writing ... if you haven't read it yet, be sure to check out the "Airborne Wordsmiths" article, reprinted in partnership with Computer Pilot magazine, on the FSInsider site. This article--along with our insider tips--gives you the basics of skywriting in Flight Simulator X. Give it a try, and send us a screenshot. We've only gotten one so far, and we're not sure if the word that was written is one we can publish! Be sure to watch for more articles from Computer Pilot in the future. Another new addition to the site is the article "Water Water Everywhere ... " which was written in response to one of our most frequently-asked questions: "How do I start a seaplane flight on the water?" The choices on the "Select Airport" screen all seem to be hard-surface runways. What if your plane has no wheels? Seaplane aficionado Mike Singer spills all. What can you expect from future FSInsider newsletter issues, the ones that don't start with an apology? Well, there will be the sorts of things you'd expect from a soulless corporate drone like me: highlights of the latest additions to our Web site, news from the team about what's going on behind the scenes at the Flight Sim factory, exclusive downloads, cool screenshots (especially in those issues where I can't think of anything to say) ... that sort of thing. Eventually (see "complicated things about legal and privacy requirements," above) we want to have some contests so that we can give away the kinds of great stuff that we trick our partners into giving us for free. Hardware, software, anything we can get a hold of that my boss won't let me keep. As difficult as it is for me to believe, sometimes people are interested in more than just the things that pop into my head. So, please write to us and let us know what you'd like to see in the FSInsider newsletter or on the Web site. Whether you have a full-blown article or just an idea, a suggestion, or a question, send it along. We're publishing the newsletter (and the site itself) for you. If enough of you enjoy it, I get to keep my job! Happy simming,"

Guest UlfB

Victor,Thanks for the info :-)Ulf B