Sign in to follow this  
ABE

FSX in a new HOME

I've been running FSX in an OLD(not terribly clean) rebuilt XP Pro Sp2 environment. I decided to use a FRESH XP-64. What a difference!!I was doubtful if my present FSX with all the addons and excess baggage would work as is if I just copied the basic FSX control files that reside in the 'C' partition. I did just that. And the results, ASTOUNDING, FSX runs with an approximate 20 FPS higher than my old system.Abe

Your getting 20 MORE FPS than before? This must be a April Fools Joke?

Jim Wenham

I did that on March 31, 2008.........It's perfectly LEGIT!Abe

So your getting 23 FPS now or? :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest fsxmissionguy

This is not all that surprising really when you think about it.You did a fresh install of an OS, thus eliminating crapware/bloat you had built up since your installation of Windows XP probably 6 years ago. You've freed up a tremendous amount of resources, I'd blindly assume.So, I should think you should be experiencing pretty good frame rates. As you install other software, some of which will operate in the background, sucking down memory and CPU cycles, you should experience steadily declining performance.Unless, of course, you're on the lookout for that and are preventing it!;)Cheers,

Thanks Kevin. I am well aware of the fact that this is a fresh install in a clean environment that would be degraded with the addtition of other programs. However, I created this within a FOLDER that would be confined strictly to the new FSX. This FOLDER would be OPENED and run by itself, so there will not be any additional clutter and thus, hopefully, the performance would stay the same.The other fact that I mentioned in my initial posting was that I took my OLD FSX, copied it exactly the same then I copied my 'C' based FSX related files and everything worked without any problem.Needless to say, I am happy with the results......ALL RESULTS.Abe

What are your system specs and slider settings? You have my curiosity!

Jim Wenham

3.07 gigahertz Intel Core2 Extreme Q685064 kilobyte primary memory cache4096 kilobyte secondary memory cacheABIT IP35 PROATI Radeon HD 2900 XT - 1GIG