Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sirocco

Recommended Add-ons for FSX

Hi There, I have been out of FS scene for about a year as my PC died. I have a new one now and FSX too. I am hoping you could suggest 'must have' addons that enhance the default textures, both on the ground and the sky. TIA,Butch

Guest Captain America

For scenery I use, FS Genesis X, Ultimate Terrain X and GroundEnviornment X. These 3 combined together produce ground texturesthat are far, far superior to the default. Almost real in some places.

Guest PPSFA

What the other post said, as well as Flight Environment X. The combination makes FSX come alive

Guest fsxmissionguy

Butch,There was a post recently discussing best freeware for FSX that you should probably take a look at as well:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...39782&mode=fullMy view on addon payware begins with Acceleration. I don't think you fully are running FSX if you are not running with the Acceleration Expansion Pack from Microsoft.The Acceleration Expansion Pack adds Carrier Ops, Helicopter Hoist Ops, Helicopter Lift Ops, Racing, Online Multiplayer Racing, 30+ missions and 3 new aircraft. Best bang for your buck anywhere at about $14.59 USD at Amazon.Fifteen bucks. WOW!Cheers,

AccelerationFEXUTXGEXGenesis MeshWith these you are beauty!

Gents, Thank you very much for the quick responses, I'll be getting these titles over the next week or so. One more thing, I think the default runway texture is, well... it could be better. :) Which of the titles suggested addresses this one? (as I will get that one first). Thanks againCheers,Butch

Guest Sirocco

Anyone know if there's a difference between the DVD and download versions of the Ultimate Terrain X titles? More compression on the download versions? I couldn't find anything on their site.