Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

OVERLAND - FLY INTO THE SKY FSX Update Patch Available

Haven't seen posted here but heads up for all interested. The FSX patch is available for those interested. Had a bit of trouble installing at first but eventually discovered a procedure and the install went just fine.Happy Flying !!!!WilbertAbit AW9D-MaxThermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 QuadcoreVista Ultimate 644x1G Ballistix Tracer (PC2 8500) - Changed to 2Gx2|CORSAIRS TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core ClockX-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water CoolingEnermax temp/fan controller

Thanks Wilbert!Downloading as we speak. Overland has the best models - period! I hope this patch fixes the forehead graphics issues and the cockpit issues in FSX.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hey Wilbert!I downloaded the update .exe's but unfortunately I am out of the country until tomorrow and will not be able to try these out till tomorrow. In spite of the great work these guys from Overland do, they don't give out much information about what they have fixed with these updates. Any clues as to what has been fixed/updated with these files?Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Dennis,I think the main fix is they all now work with FSX and SP2. Just finished the install for the airbus and all is well. Notice they have it set up with wing views, vc and 2D.Also it is free for FSX if you already have the FS9 planes.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Carl!Did they fix the forehead graphics issue on their airplanes?Do all gauges now work? In my current FSX installation, I have a couple of empty gauges in my panels. I wonder if they addressed that.Thanks for your input!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

Hi Dennis,All the gauges are present; however, not all the switches are clickable. I do not have any "holes" for gauges that may be missing. Not sure about the forehead graphics issue. There was an issue when I transported the FS9 planes to FSX with SP2 such as tranparent guages and holes on outside of planes. All of that appears to be fixed with the upgrade. Will take a closer look this weekend.Hope this helps,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I installed it on my Vista FSX Acceleration installation, and it does fix the forehead, and transparent gauge problems in DX9. Textures though are still solid white in DX10 Preview though.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I was really enjoying the update but have discovered some anomolies with the panels. Perhaps it is with my setup or actually a panel problem. Several times the panels would disappear. After going to menu and clicking on something and coming back, the panel would reappear. sometimes it would and sometimes it would not. After a long flight from KIAH to KSEA, the vc and all other panels except the cockpit panel disappeared and I had to terminate the flight because the gps/nav select knob is on the VC panel which had disappeared. I hope I can find a solution for this problem. I am also wondering if I could use the default 747 panel for the planes because the planes look so great.WilbertAbit AW9D-MaxThermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 QuadcoreVista Ultimate 644x1G Ballistix Tracer (PC2 8500) - Changed to 2Gx2|CORSAIRS TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core ClockX-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water CoolingEnermax temp/fan controller

Hello, I was wondering how can you get just the 2d cockpit and wingviews without vc? I'm the type that likes to fly with 2d most of the time and while looking around with the hat switch on the joystick I'm able to look out over the wings or back at the engines..? Any ideas....? Thanks hope all is well..

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Guest rich1241

Hi,Before installing the update, do you have to remove the overland aircraft from the original install??Or, do you just use the update files as a fresh install?Hope that makes sense,Richard.edited - i have now installed it correctly.

Richard,I removed the planes I had transported from FS9 and then used the update. So far I have not noticed any problems, but I am using XP and DX 9.0. Go to the site below and check out the manual it will give you instructions for install. http://www.overland.co.jp/english/sms/download.htmlCarl

Carl