Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Old Wembley Stadium in FSX - how old is source data?

I had a flight over NW London the other day and passed over Wembley Stadium. I wasn't very impressed to see it was a depiction of the old stadium demolished in early 2003. The twin towers was a big giveaway.Given that FSX was released in the autumn of 2006 why wasn't the new stadium depicted? How far ahead of release of a new version are the satellite images captured?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

data's probably from 2004, maybe early 2005 at the latest.And that's the newest data they'd have got, a lot of it will have been older.

In that case the new stadium should have been depicted. It's interesting that the Gherkin building in the City of London is shown and that was built between 2001-04. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_St_Mary_AxeCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Didn't it take ages to agree the final design of the stadium? I suppose the data must precede that decision.

Guest Nick_N

If I am not mistaken the very high resolution 3m mesh and data for the Mt. St. Helens mission in Acceleration was from 2003. Christian with the tile proxy project would probably know that better than me however I do not think the data is that new in FSX as compared to what we consider current.Source data is very expensive. One can easily spend 250,000 USD on current pacific NW data alone depending on what resolution and detail they were looking for.

<>No, the final design was known for some time. It was only the building that took longer than anticipated. Maybe it will feature correctly in FSXI.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather