Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Bug?? - can't change mesh resolution

I have just realised that I can't change my mesh resolution. Since I installed FSx , I have changed my mesh res within the Sim settings from either 38m to 76 m depending on where in the world I was flying. But I have just realised that the mesh is not changing. If I set say 76 m in the sim then it changes the mesh number in the FSx.cfg file to 20 (which is the number for 38 m mesh) . If I set it to 19 in the CFG ( the number for 76 m mesh ) then after I have started the Sim, the slider shows it set for 38m and the number in the CFG file has been set back to 20.In other words, the only mesh res I can get is 38mAny ideas?/Thanks Barry

Guest Nick_N

Leave it on 38m since that is the mesh that is installed by default in FSX and changing it --->is not giving you better performanceNow, move texture resolution to 7cm, 100% save and exit... reopen FSX and the scenery slider for mesh will have changed to 10m automatically. They are tied together. If your texture resolution is too high the mesh resolution will not lower for you.Your better off leaving texture res on 7cm and the mesh slider where it will move automatically to 10m unless the system is very, very slow, and I mean really slow.You wont see anything different at 10m unless you have FSGenesis 10m mesh installed or another product that meets the 10m mesh spec.

Thanks for that Nick - I think I understand it now. I have regenerated a new FSx file and it started working again. So , although I could not understand why, I at least had it working again. But your post has reminded me of something - recently, while experimenting with Tileproxy, I had changed my texture resolution to 30 cm - perhaps this is why the Mesh res suddenly locked to 38m??I will place the old FSx.cfg file back in and see.Thanks Barry

Yes Nick - that is the answer. I was not aware that the texture res and the mesh res are tied together. All working fine now.Barry