Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Registering O & O Ver 8.5?

It is close to time for me to purchase and register O&O 8.5 per Nick's advice and tweaks.Has the issue of being able to get 8.5 instead of ver 10 been resolved or is it still a problem.I have saved Nick's email explanation of why we want 8.5.I emailed O&O but have not heard back.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Buy version 10 and then ask for a downgrade as a customer entitled to support. They will ask you to fill in a form and then send you a licence you can put into the installed version 8.5. Should be no problem...Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest Nick_N

I guess you missed it...Leia from O&O has set up a special offer.. buy V8 and get v10 free++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Our nice colleagues from sales thought it'd be a pity to downgrade and bundled a "two (version 10 AND version 8 licenses) for the price of one" package for you. You can purchase it here till 07/31/08: https://shop.oo-software.com/36/uurl-a3oe99wzfr. You can use version 10 on another machine or give it away for Easter. And yes - 8.5 and 8.6 have the same functionality, though 8.6 is Vista compatible and 8.5 is not. Have a nice day!Leia---Note: I am employed by O&O Software GmbH, Berlin in their customer support department. We manufacture O&O Defrag, and our opinion is therefore of course biased.******************************************************https://shop.oo-software.com/36/uurl-a3oe99wzfrAlso, you can get O&O v8.6 x32 stashed here: http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/downloa...e/oodefrag86proand the version x64 is stashed there as well, just move the bullet from x32 to x64V8.6 is the same as 8.5 and it works for VISTA too

Great Job Nick and thank you Leia.Now I have to decide where to install VER 10.Thanks for the info.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.