Sign in to follow this  
BoeingGuy

FSX Fatal Error is Plaguing Me!!!

Hello everyone,Everytime I try to startup FSX, all of a sudden, this started cropping up:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187314.jpgI have installed NO add-ons recently but I did use some disk/registry/RAM defragmenters.This issue popped up about a couple of months ago and the only way to fix it was to reinstall. I'm going crazy since I have so many wonderful addons and AI which I really don't want to get rid of! What can I do??? I've tried Compatibility Mode to no avail. Then another message pops up telling me "Windows will try to find a solution." HELP!Thanks very much in advance!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest fsxmissionguy

You should check your Event Viewer to see if you can figure out which component failed. You may get enough information to figure out what addon is causing the problem (assuming it is an addon).Have you tried a Repair (rather than a re-install)? You'll need your original CD.Last question: How can you go months without FSX?:)

As always, reinstalling of FS (any version) should always be the very LAST thing anyone should even think about...Why? Because more than 90% of the time the real problem is a mangled/corrupted .cfg file, or corrupt logbook, et cetera.In your case, I'd try these two diagnostic steps first.1. Rename your current fsx.cfg file and try to start the sim. FSX will automatically create a new, clean fsx.cfg file for you.2. Rename your logbook.bin and then try to start the sim. If it starts normally, you can attempt to repair the logbook.bin with a utility from the AVSIM file library.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks to everyone who replied, after 2 FSX repair installs and 1 SP2/Acceleration install, I was set to go.Regards,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD