Sign in to follow this  
Guest KD Larsen

Chile..Chile...and more Chile.....

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,I just hope he does his scenery for FS9 as well. Chile has the highest airpots, the lowest airpots, the deepest rivers and the mostly danderous fishes of the slmonella variety which eat you up. it has the most beautifull sunsets (beautifull is sometimes spelt with one 'l') and finally has Macchhu Picchhu as well, a city so fabled as to be legendary.All praises to the Heroes of Freeware.Andy.

Just a few facts about Chile for you.....Chile is long and thin.. and by long I mean from top to bottem it's about the same distance as LA to New York or more appropriate Vancouver to St Johns.... why Canada?? Because Chile is Thin... but as I understand it, more than 75% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border... so we're talking similar dimensions of urban Canada.Chile has high Andes, the worlds driest desert ( Atacama ), lake districts and gets pretty close to Antartica ( Port Williams )... so offers lots of cool flying.Long live freeware!Paul

Guest Pike

You guys are a bunch of bleeding freaking hearts. I mean, c'mon it was rude? Are you serious?! He just asked why Chile was so prominently displayed on the front page all the time. Big deal. I didn't see him say Chile sucks, or to #### with Chile because it is on the front page so much. Some of you guys need some sunlight and social interaction just to learn what is and isn't 'real'.It's getting to the point on this forum that all anyone can say is "How's the weather in Chile today?" without someone getting their feelings hurt. Grow a skin for god's sake.

Guest Pike

>>I'm sorry but this post just wrenches the guts out of me. A>freeware author is giving his time and effort to make>photorealistic scenery for you and this is how you show your>appreciation.>>No offence ...>>Roger>>And you my friend need something more important in your life to "wrench your guts out over". I just can't sleep at night thinking your guts are wrenched out. Gives me nightmares, lol.

Guest Pike

>Offence taken...>The man loves his country and wants to put it on the FS map. >As the others have pointed out, this stuff is being offered>for free.>May I kindly ask that you treat his work with the same respect>that you would wish me, and everyone as un-American as myself,>to offer to all the American uploads in the library.>>Doug Dawson>You can ignore all the 'American' uploads you want my friend! You can also ignore the simulator that we created here in America, as well.Nothing in the OP's post was disrepectful to Chile. For goodness sake, far worse things are said about the US everyday.

The freeware author needs to stop doing FSX scenery and focus on FS9 scenery... considering the thanks he gets here.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Pike

Ok ok,I have the scenery and yes it is fantastic. To the OP, Chile is a gorgeous country full of incredible mountains and some of the most challenging flying you will find this side of the Alps.My posts have nothing to do with the scenery, or its author. Both are great. My thanks to the guy.Just tired of reading about people's 'feelings' getting hurt over absolutely nothing. Worse around here than a room full of women watching soap operas.

Did you download ALL the photo scenery or are some dupes?He has dupe numbers on the scenery packs.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest Ozzie

>>Offence taken...>>The man loves his country and wants to put it on the FS map.>>>As the others have pointed out, this stuff is being offered>>for free.>>May I kindly ask that you treat his work with the same>respect>>that you would wish me, and everyone as un-American as>myself,>>to offer to all the American uploads in the library.>>>>Doug Dawson>>>>You can ignore all the 'American' uploads you want my friend! >You can also ignore the simulator that we created here in>America, as well.>Nothing in the OP's post was disrepectful to Chile. For>goodness sake, far worse things are said about the US>everyday. Sorry too much man - but you actually need to take a seat on your namesake

Guest Captain Behrentzs

Lol...what a fight...Does anyone have some screens of it? I would really like to see what it is like, but there are pretty many pieces to download if you don't like it...(No offence, havn't tried it yet and I'm not judging it)---------------------------------------Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkhttp://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4853/bannerigifru8.gifALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com

Guest Cormega

I was thinking, why can't the author of the Chile scenery put all those seperated downloads in 1 file....i'd be interested in checking it out, but I'm not downloading 30 different files, then installing them all. my 2 centavos

Guest Vilk

no matter how people try to twist the original post and judge spilok for things he never said or meant, we do have a real problem herethe five-fold increase in ground texture resolution results in files twenty-five times larger than before for the same coverageincreased availability of high-resolution satellite imagery is a continuing trend; let's assume (and it's a very conservative assumption) that it will cause the photoreal scenery production to doubleincreased availabity of usable scenery production software and SDKs is a continuing trend; let's assume (and it's a very conservative assumption) that it will cause the photoreal scenery production to doublejust these three mean a projected hundred-fold increase in database space requirements, not to mention bandwidth requirements, data presentation and classification changeshaving to go through piles of chile on the front page is but a tip of the iceberg:-)

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>Just tired of reading about people's 'feelings' getting hurt>over absolutely nothing. Worse around here than a room full>of women watching soap operas.>>Right on.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>Lol...what a fight...>>Does anyone have some screens of it? I would really like to>see what it is like, but there are pretty many pieces to>download if you don't like it...(No offence, havn't tried it>yet and I'm not judging it)>--------------------------------------->Kasper Behrentzs>Denmark>>http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4853/bannerigifru8.gif>ALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!>MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.comI have before and after screenies at home. I will try to remember to upload some. This is before and after the mesh is applied. The mesh is 38m I think...it is fantastic.The photoscenery is not as good. Pretty low resolution. You have to be up at 8-12,000 feet to not see blurries. I deleted it.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>I was thinking, why can't the author of the Chile scenery put>all those seperated downloads in 1 file....i'd be interested>in checking it out, but I'm not downloading 30 different>files, then installing them all. >my 2 centavosJust download one and go to the lat/long specified. You can install them one at a time.