Sign in to follow this  
Guest KD Larsen

Chile..Chile...and more Chile.....

Guest Pike

>>>Offence taken...>>>The man loves his country and wants to put it on the FS>map.>>>>>As the others have pointed out, this stuff is being offered>>>for free.>>>May I kindly ask that you treat his work with the same>>respect>>>that you would wish me, and everyone as un-American as>>myself,>>>to offer to all the American uploads in the library.>>>>>>Doug Dawson>>>>>>>You can ignore all the 'American' uploads you want my friend!>>>You can also ignore the simulator that we created here in>>America, as well.>>Nothing in the OP's post was disrepectful to Chile. For>>goodness sake, far worse things are said about the US>>everyday. >>Sorry too much man - but you actually need to take a seat on>your namesakePerhaps instead of sitting on it, I will stick it through my heart so I can be like you and your buddies, lol.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>>Sorry too much man - but you actually need to take a seat on>>your namesake>>>Perhaps instead of sitting on it, I will stick it through my>heart so I can be like you and your buddies, lol.:-eek :-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol

Thank goodness it wasn't Russia then or Australia ( isn't Australia all the same in the middle.. they could use just one photo texture reproduced lots of times!! )Paul

How many? Each 1 degree latitude by 1 degree longitude tile is 16 filesAnyone know how many 1 degree x 1 degree tiles are in Chile? It has 756,950 sq km of territory.Based on the resolution of the imagery - some is very good, some is pretty poor. It really shows the limitations of Google Earth and such sources as replacements for FSX/ FS2004 ground textures. As noted elsewhere - much of the country is very blurry below 8,000 ft.As to why not fewer larger files - they are too big to bundle one 1x1 tile into one download - about 1/2 GB for each 1x1 tile.I have not tested to see if it will show seasonal variations.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Sorry, I meant to say you could just pull down 16 for one lat/long point. You can then slew up and see the "square".You could just pull a few tiles down and not all 16 if you want. You will see the photoscenery tiles if you slew up (they are quite different than the default FSX landscape).The mesh might be a little harder to pick out with just a few tiles.

As soon as I saw the post title I busted out laughing :-lol With NO offense meant to Chilean-minded simmers it is downright weirdly funny to see the front page sometimes, not because of one generous author's constant presence, but the rest of the planet's 'absence'. Photoreal Chile must account for what like, oh I dunno, maybe 97.9% of the total fsx library? :-xxrotflmaodon't worry, crawling back to my fs9 dungeon :-outta :-lol regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpg- more power to the author boy, he may by hisself just pull fsx back even before SP1 :-lol no i don't hate fsx - I just wish things had gone uh 'smoother' :-lol

Regards,

Mark

What would be nice is if there were some way to sub-folder uploads when it takes many files to provide a complete package, so that there would only be one entry on the announcement page. There were the same complaints when some one did a lot of repaints of a model that varied only in reg number or minor artwork.scott s..

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

There are a bunch of things this site needs from a UI standpoint. Like 50% of the time when you click on a link, it is a popup. The content is great though and content is king.

>I was thinking, why can't the author of the Chile scenery put>all those seperated downloads in 1 file....i'd be interested>in checking it out, but I'm not downloading 30 different>files, then installing them all. >my 2 centavosBecause AVSIM has a file upload size limit.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Cmon...you guys...I was trying to elicit a little laughter from all of you.I've never been to Chile and I'm sure it's beautiful. Get a life some of you and stop being so sensitive. I want to see about 45 days of Allentown, Pa., textures and landclass and scenery files on the front page! I want equal time. Unfortunately, I'll need the creator of Chile scenery to do it for me since I don't have that artistic ability.I guess I'll never have a shot at being a "stand up comedian"!

Guest Pike

Careful! Some of these dudes are gonna be upset that you want 45 days of Allentown and not Pittsburgh!And although your post didn't get any laughter, rest assured the responses it garnered made a couple of us laugh pretty hard. Especially the 'wrenches my guts out' guy. I hope he doesn't have like a pet kitten or something that dies, that'll throw him right off the edge I think.

Just tried some great Chile at Wendy's here in Allentown. I think they have the best Chile....don't you (other than home-made).

Guest Pike

I have to take offense to the fact that you are excluding the many deserving brands of Chile out there in favor of the famous Wendy's Finger Chile. As a Chile expert, I believe you are foul sir for even mentioning it.You are just wrenching my very-American guts right out man, lol

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

I take offense that you are attaching a nationality to your guts. We're all living in the world village, and you should be nation-neutral when referring to your guts so you don't insult anyone. And if you have to attach a nationality, please don't use the imperial America. Use something soft and cuddly...like the EU.I also take offense that you only are taking offense that the poster was excluding other Chilis. You should have taken offense at Chili in general, since it is non-vegetarian, filled with fat, and smells just too #### good.:-)Cincinnati Chili is the best...