Sign in to follow this  
Guest KD Larsen

Chile..Chile...and more Chile.....

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Uhhhh....uhhhhhhhhhhhahhhahhhh.....Oh wait, sorry, that was the Chili...:-ukliam

Guest wyoming

the fact that since very few people can run autogen at full (below which I find the effect deterring), the best bet is to take advantage of the photorealistic texture ability offered by FSX. That's my bet at least, and I wouldn't mind a second having the entire US this way. Which would fill Avsim front page for 1 month.

1 month is tolerable.....I'd love to see it too.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Down low, the Autogen (even on Normal) looks great to me. Even more so when someone like VFRFrance makes custom Autogen objects. The photoscenery down low (if its resolution is not high enough--and the Chile scenery resolution doesn't seem very high) looks quite blurry.

Guest wyoming

I'd rather have accurate representation in 2 D than cartoonish reproduction in 3 D. No wide-ranging principle here, just my personal feel. My brain has to fill in the gaps anyways.

This has to be one of the most stupid threads ever to disgrace the pages of Avsim.1. All uploads are prominently displayed on the frontpage as a "thank you" to all freeware authors. If you were to upload something it TOO would be on the frontpage...but I guess you have not contributed anything therefore you wouldn't know2. What is it about seeing a thread or a post that one doesn't like that causes some Avsim members to lose their minds. Instead of simply skipping over it or ignoring it with the simple scroll of a mouse, it becomes a monumental event. How do you people read the newspaper when you actually have to turn the page to get to the information you are looking for? Oh my!This community at times is shameful and many are stuck in a "me, me, me" paradigm: I don't want to see those files, I don't like this topic stop posting to it, everything works just fine on MY system...Just because Chile doesn't appeal to you, god forbid that it appeals to someone else huh?NOW! With that said, I've started downloading the Chillean scenery pack and as soon as I'm finished I'm chomping at the bit forthe much anticipated, Chilean Lighthouse Addon Pack. It's about time I say.Those of you who complain that there are not enough add-ons for FSX, I beg to differ. For instance, there's Chile.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Is he kidding? He mentioned the Lighthouse Pack...

Yeah, I'm just joking, all tongue in cheek n all. We ALL need to lighten up. I don't think the OP was flaming the author and I am sure that we ALL appreciate his hard work.But you gotta admit hundreds of Chilean files and then the Chilean lighthouse pack does kinda push it over the edge!Of course, if someone would be kind enough to do the Ecuadorian Fishing Boat Add-On pack THEN that would be really somethin'!

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

AHAHAH. That was good.I want a Tierra del Fuego photoscenery/mesh/custom autogen pack. Then I want to load that motor yacht and take it around the Horn. Then maybe a Chilean Birds Pack...

HEY! No way you get a Chilean Birds Pack before I get my Photorealistic Amazon Rain Forest Quonsett Hut Mesh Scenery! Selfish!!!!

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

WAY!! I might have to put some custom Wendy's Chili Joint autogen objects sprinkled all over Chile smack down on you bee otch. :(

Guest christianholmes

Holy crap this thread is funny. I didn't find the OP to be the slightest bit offensive.I have some friends that are real "worldy" and spent 2 years working at the US embassy in Chile.EVERYTIME you would say "Chile (Chilly)" They would correct you and say "it's CHEE-LAY". So it's a big inside joke with all my friends.

Guest wyoming

Which by the way wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean the dirty windshield (mosquitoes, grimes etc...)