Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simpilot767

runway flickers with DirectX10

Guest Simpilot767

Hello,i installed a new 8800 GTS 512 graphics-card to be able touse DX10. everytime i activate DX10-preview, i get runway flickersat the crossing runway/taxiway...It

Guest firehawk44

This is caused by DX10 preview and it will go away with DX10 turned off. Microsoft states this is a NVIDIA driver problem. You can read more info concerning this problem over in the Hardware Forum. Look for subjects like DX10 Problem. You'll find other problems within FSX that are caused when DX10 is enabled too. I would also strongly advise sending a bug report to NVIDIA using their bug reporting tool as many people have done so far.Best regards,Jim

Hi Timo,Unfortunately, it's a "feature" and there's nothing you can do but revert to DX9. nVidia has been less than helpful with the issue and it's doubtful the problem will ever be addressed.The following link will take you to nVidia's site to report bugs found at the driver level. You might want to fill it out. Sort of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease."https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=749...8f09e040b4a437aRegards,Jim Karn

Guest Simpilot767

Thanks Jim & Jim,i will send a bug-report to nvidia.i feel reassured that this is not a problemi caused with one of my tweaks...Regards,Timo