Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Lighting / Effect problem drive me crazy

Hi allI have a problem with my FSX, that drive me crazy every time i start up my FSX. At night, i can see the position and strobe lights through the wings and cockpit wall, where the lights are normally hidden. Is this a driver problem, or another annoying bug, that kill my fly experience every day i start up fsx? I really hope this is only a driver issue. The flashing cloud bug is also a bug, that drive me crazy, and kill my fun to fly around. Have someone with an ATI card also have this problems? This lighting problem looks terrible, when you fly at dusk and night. And the problem shows up on the stock planes, and also on payware add ons. I hope someone have a solution for this. Thanks everyone for helping.My System:Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz4GB DDR2 RAMNvidia Geforce 8800 Ultra 174.74Windows Vista Business 32Bit SP1FSX with SP2

There is a problem in FSX whereby effect files that've been Attached to the model will display a wierd offset whenever the a/c is >50' AGL...If you think it drives you nuts, think about us developers! :-hah

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi BillThank you for your answer. Now it looks like we have another really big Bug in FSX. I really can't belive that Aces don't take care of this Bugs, and make a patch for this. This problems are big, and every user have this problems. I really hope Aces do something about this. The flashing cloud Bug is also a big problem. And i see this two problems every time i fly with FSX and this make me really angry, and kill my fly experience.

Hi allJust a small question. Is there anyway to contact the Aces Support Team? Is there a support form i can fill out, or an e-mail address for sending in a support request? Or do you think it's complete useless for sending a request, because they don't take a look at this problems? I know they have a lot of work to do in developing the next flight sim and train sim, but this problems are in my personal opinion to big for ignoring all the time, until we see the next flight sim.Don't understand me wrong. The FSX is a really nice flight sim with a great graphic and great add on developers. But it's not really funny, when there are bugs, you see every time you flight. I understand when a developer say, that some bugs are way to small for spending time into fixing it, but i think visual bugs u can see all the time, are not small, and should be fixed. Happy flyingChristian

You have this email: tell_fs@microsoft.comBut i think it will be useless, unfortunately they are not going to do anything to fix the bugs.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest firehawk44

"You have this email: tell_fs@microsoft.comBut i think it will be useless, unfortunately they are not going to do anything to fix the bugs."Yes, very true but it 'may' be looked at for the next FS version.Jim

Koyote,I loaded up the C172 for a night flight and don't see what you're reporting. I see the left wing lights because I can look directly at the wing; however, the other lights are hidden from view. Can't see the lights on the right wing or on the tail. Perhaps someone else would chime in and tell us what they see. IOW, not sure this is a real "bug".

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

I came across another "bug" where an attach point was used to attach an FSX default beacon effect to the tail of a plane and it cast a landing light wash in front of the aircraft.. when i deleted the attach point from the model and used a lighting bus and the same effect the problem vanished .

Hi LoopHave u tried this when you are on the runway at night? The problem shows up, when you are in the air, and is not visible on ground. And i don't think this is a driver issue, because you can see that bill from eaglesoft know this problem. And i have asked another big developer and they also know this problem. I really hope there is a workaround or an small patch in the future. We will see :-)

Koyote,I just finished a night flight over Phoenix in the default 172. Using Track IR I could not see the right wing light through the walls of the fuselage. I could see the left wing light directly through the window and, if I turned my head just a little to the left I could see the left wing light sorta through the wing. When I looked backward, I could see the beacon through the roof of the fuselage.I don't think I'm seeing what you describe since what I'm seeing doesn't seem as annoying as what you describe. What plane are you flying; maybe that's the difference.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Hi LoopI fly with stock Cessna 172, and with the RealAir SF260. But it doesn't matter witch on i fly. I have this problem on diffrent planes, payware and stock FSX. I have attached a screenshot, where you can see my problem.

>I really hope there is a workaround or an small patch>in the future. We will see :-)Don't hold your breath. ACES aren't going to spend several hundred thousand dollars of their time and resources to fix what is -at base- an annoyance that is easily ignored.Believe me, there are much more important things they could spend their time working on... :-lol

Fr. Bill    

Guest cseidel

That is strange. I do not get that effect. I thought maybe I had just not noticed. I loaded the SF260 and took a look at it. I was not abel to see the identification lights in the cabin. Went to outside view and was abel to see the lights like I should.XP Home w/SP2, Core 2 Duo E6600 OCed to 3.0 GHZ, 7950 GT 512MB,300GB sata HD, 2GB Corsair 6400 DDR2, FSX w/SP1

>That is strange. I do not get that effect. I thought maybe I>had just not noticed. I loaded the SF260 and took a look at>it. I was not abel to see the identification lights in the>cabin. Went to outside view and was abel to see the lights>like I should.Load any FSX aircraft.Go to VC view.Look out the left window.Press the "Y" key (Slew Mode).Press F3 to increase altitude > 50' above ground, F2 key to hold altitude.Observe the wingtip nav/strobe lights shift position.Press F1 to descend back to ground level.Note that lights have "snapped back" to their correct positions... *:-*

Fr. Bill    

Hi all, hi BillSorry for bumping up this old topic. Have anyone out there tried the replacement light effects from Schockwave Productions, or have a plane from Schockwave? Is it possible to fix this problem with this payware add on? Would be nice if someone can post if the problem is also visible with this add on or not.What is now with this problem, and all FSX users? Have all FSX users the lights off when they fly at dusk or night? Very realistic :-( I can't believe that all users accept this.Best regardsChristian