Sign in to follow this  
Butchm

Mapping the airspeed knob to the keyboard??

Hi There, I'm hooked on flying VC only, my only problem is I have a #### of a time getting to twist the knob on the AP especially when 'its all happening' on approach. I have mapped all the others but I couldn't find the option the map the airspeed knob. It this possible, if so how??? :)Appreciate any help. TIA Butch

I use the keyboard assignment option in FSUIPC.I have speed,vert speed,alt,heading,nav1 and 2(headings) assigned to my keyboard.Works great.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Thanks for the replies, I guess short of FSUIPC there isn't a way to map the airspeed know to the keyboard.A bit disappointing as in the VC its very annoying trying to change the values especially when you are bobbing about. Butch

>Thanks for the replies, I guess short of FSUIPC there isn't a>way to map the airspeed know to the keyboard.>>A bit disappointing as in the VC its very annoying trying to>change the values especially when you are bobbing about. >>Butch On the aircraft that have 'tiny' VC click spots, I simply edit the XML gauge files to resize and/or reposition the clickspots. Also, as I use TrackIR, I map the 'Pause' mode to one of my HOTAS keys so I can temporarly eliminate that 'bouncing about. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Why do you not have FSUIPC?It is a great product.I have had it forever.Ron

Well, I didn't think you needed it with FSX,or that it even worked with FSX?I've been away from the Flightsiming for about a year and a half, when I got my new PC I bought FSX. Still learning how to use it...ThanksButch

It works but it is now payware.I think you get it at Flight1.com.Just search for Pete Dowson and go to his website.I could be wrong but I think most serious simmers use it.Ron

Guest PPSFA

If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, simply click on the knob you want to change and roll the wheel, it doesnt get any easier. BTW, you should be stabalized on final and not need to make any speed changes once your final approach speed is set :-)

OMG! is it that easy.... I didn't know you could do this! This is precisely why I posted, in case there was something that I had missed, yes there was... all I need to do is scroll. Thank you very much for the tip, I was even considering getting FSUIPC, blah no need to spend now.Cheers,Butch

Hi Paul, That is an awesome tip as well, I think in conjunction with scrolling the mouse wheel, I will increase the click areas so it is just that much easier to use. Next question, where do I change those values, I am assuming they are in the panel.cfg? Would you be able to post a sample of an edited entry?I really appreciate the help. That's why I love these forums!Cheers,Butch