Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

Quality Military Aircraft - Trouble Finding

Guest usapatriot

Hello flight simmers! II seem to have a problem when it comes to aqcruing free quality military aircraft for FSX. I really want quite a few military aircraft for FSX but I can't find any, I've searched the library and countless other websites with no luck,FSX has been out for a while, why hasnt anyone developed any of these aircraft for it?-F16-F18-F22-F15-B2-B1B-B5BI really want these aircraft but I cannot seem to find them for FSX anywhere!Please help, I am a military aircraft nut and would really like to fly these planes in FSX.P.S. I know about FSX acceleration but I don't want that.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Here's where you can get some quality military aircraft:http://alphasim.co.ukThere are others and I'd encourage you to look around, but that's a good place to start. For less than the price of going out and seeing one movie with popcorn and a Coke, you can purchase just about any of these fine aircraft.Developing aircraft, for FSX especially, is extremely time consuming and expensive. Do the hobby a favor and give some support to the hardworking programmers who create these fine aircraft.Do you own Acceleration? Microsoft has an excellent Boeing FA/18. It costs $13.86 at Amazon.com. That's less than the DVD "Attack of the 50-Foot Woman." You can land it on the carrier they provide also.Oh, plus it comes with the North American Aviation P-51 Mustang and the AgustaWestland EH101 heavy lift helicopter.Cheers,

Depending on your definition for QUALITY you may find it hard to find even pay military aircraft. Especially, if you are looking for SP2/Acceleration comparable aircraft.F-18 is included in the $29.00 Acceleration pack. This is a quality aircraft. In my opinion, it is the most flyable, feature rich modern military jet available today. It is the standard by which I compare other military jets.Before I go on, I must state that I judge aircraft more by VC features and virtual flying realism than perfect exteriors. There are free jets. A guy who goes by the name "Piglet" has made a very decent F-5 and T-2 for FSX. I know you can find them at Sim-Outhouse and possibly here at Avsim.People have attempted to SP2 several of the FS9 portovers with limited success. FSD's T-38 and Olsen's F-16 come to mind.Iris Simulations and Alphasim tend to specialize in military aircraft. Both of these companies made a lot of aircraft that I consider weak in functions and V.C capabilities. However, they are fun to fly around in and get the feel of landing a modern jet fighter, until you get bored with their limits. They do offer a broad, especially Alphasim, collection models to choose from. Iris has a F-15 and Alphasim offers the B1 & B2. You may be able to find a portover of the Iris F-22 that will work on your system.Iris simulations, in their last two releases, i.e., T-6 II and PC-9, have upped the ante. These aircraft have very flyable and feature rich VC. They have a F-111 and a F-20 in the works.Razbam makes a really nice A-6 that can drop bombs. Alphasim also make one. I have the Razbam model and really like it. I don't have the Alphasim version but, the pictures I have seen look good.Aerosoft is close (I hope) to releasing their F16. It looks to be an outstanding addition to any military flier's collection.Hope this helps,

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest usapatriot

Thanks for the input guys, I guess that I will have to buy quality aircraft then.I was hoping to get my hands on some quality freeware planes but I guess its not really possible.I've seem some decent military aircraft for FS2004, will they work fine with FSX?

Guest dswo

>I was hoping to get my hands on some quality freeware planes>but I guess its not really possible.Not at all. The previous poster mentioned two freeware authors whose work is good, and you'll find more at the site he recommended: sim-outhouse.com. Then there's always browsing/searching the file libraries at flightsim.com and here at AVSIM.>I've seem some decent military aircraft for FS2004, will they>work fine with FSX?Often, not always. You just have to try it on a case-by-case basis. But I would start with sim-outhouse.com, because they specialize in military aircraft.