Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Praise to Realair

It's not about the Spitfire, which I did not get... yet.It's a general conclusion of having tried numerous GA payware add-ons for FSX.Being a RW pilot for over 20 years and having used Flight Sim since FS4 edition, I perceive their products as a benchmark for other developers out there.For anybody looking to practice instrument procedures Realair aircraft could not get any better. Perfect gauge clarity and smoothness, excellent sim performance, aerodynamics modelling of various phases of flight, finally very convincing sound environment - it's all there.I am very much looking forward to Realair Duke to be released some time in the future.Please do not read my post as a negative feedback towards other developers. It's purely my way of expressing appreciation to Realair developers for what they have done.CheersDomDisclaimer: I'm in no way associated with Realair, in case somebody started to wonder...

Agreed. All the above and more. I'm looking forward to the Duke too. I'd like to see if RA can achieve their usual spectacular standard with a more complex aircraft and maintain high frame rates too. It's a big ask...But that Spitfire is fantastic! Love the sound of the merlin. Nothing less than music.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I too love their aircraft for the looks and flying abilities. The SF-260 is one of my favorite GA aircraft. To fly low and low, you can't ask for much more than what the Scout package provides.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest S1mPilot

There is no one better than RealAir without a doubt.If you check out the RealAir spit tribute video floating around here, pay particular attention to the primary instruments while the spit roll's. I don't have the spit yet, but those instruments caught my attention.I do own the SF260, and the spit looks to blow it away. An incredible feat imo.Here's a link to the tribute video thread, http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=441467&page=2

No doubt, one of, if not the best.Funny (also) how I have been drawn to other designers aircraft only to find out Rob worked on them as well. His work with Eaglesoft comes to mind.