Sign in to follow this  
stewartkingswood

Adding new airfields to FSX

Hi All,Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes I have added an airfield to FSX (totally new to FSX) using my own scenery and afcad files, all works fine. The problem is I would like to add some AI traffic and cannot figure out how to add the airfield to the FSX airports list. It was easy it FS0 all you had to do was ammend the txt file and run TT tools. cant see how to do it in FSX. I also have Traffic 2005 and again this will not allow me to add new fields.Hope someone can shed some light or suggest some free ware to assist.ThanksStewart

>Hi All,>>Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes I have>added an airfield to FSX (totally new to FSX) using my own>scenery and afcad files, all works fine. The problem is I>would like to add some AI traffic and cannot figure out how to>add the airfield to the FSX airports list. It was easy it FS0>all you had to do was ammend the txt file and run TT tools.>cant see how to do it in FSX. I also have Traffic 2005 and>again this will not allow me to add new fields.>>Hope someone can shed some light or suggest some free ware to>assist.>Thanks>Stewart You can use the TTools approach with FSX. Just be sure to run the compiled traffic BGL file through one of the available FS9-FSX format conversion utilities. I would NOT attempt to use the FSX Traffic DataBase Builder approach if you have the Deluxe version of FSX. It's a real PITA to 'please' and offers nothing but a world of frustration for the average user. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

If you can figure it out, Aisort (you can get it here at Avsim)will let you write traffic files. Beware that the rules for ai traffic in FSX are very different from FS9. You can get more info at the FSdeveloper site.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

>>Beware that the rules for ai traffic in >FSX are very different from FS9.>They are?Is there a list that explains what all these different rules are for AI Traffic.

Seems everything is a bit more tricky in FSX. I don't think that there is a difinitive ai rules list. You must allow 45 minutes between landing and take-off(that is in the SDK). And you must have at least 2 more parking spots of each size than you have of each plane(can't find that in the SDK). Plus other differences that may be taken care of with conversion utilities.Good luck.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Thanks for the info guys, I have now sorted the issue. I looked back to my FS9 traffic files and although the airport had been created using Airport Designer (from Scruffy Duck ) the coordinates were differant. Ammended these and created the BLG file using AIFPC. Thanks AgainStewart