Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Altering default camera positions.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Keith,If you hit all 3 keys (Shift, E and 3) at the same time, it won't work. As you found out, that will open the GPS.It's a two-step operation.1) You have to hit Shift and E at the same time, release, then2) Quickly hit the 3 key (to specify the rear ramp, 2 for hoist door).It takes a bit of practice. But that's the trick. Once you get the hang of this, you won't want the default to be open, because it's a snap to open and close the door. If you want, you can set up the aircraft how you like it, save ... and then load that flight whenever you want and the aircraft will be in your preferred configuration every time you launch that flight.I don't think it's possible to assign a specific view to a button on your joystick. In some aircraft, you can however, toggle between viewtypes by hitting:F9 = Virtual CockpitF10 = 2D CockpitF11 = Locked SpotF12 = Top DownIn the EH101, however, there is no 2D cockpit unfortunately. They ran out of time developing it, I think, and had to abandon the 2D cockpit.Cheers,

>Keith,-SNIP->>I don't think it's possible to assign a specific view to a>button on your joystick. In some aircraft, you can however,>toggle between viewtypes by hitting:>>F9 = Virtual Cockpit>F10 = 2D Cockpit>F11 = Locked Spot>F12 = Top Down>>In the EH101, however, there is no 2D cockpit unfortunately.>They ran out of time developing it, I think, and had to>abandon the 2D cockpit.>>Cheers,> You can if the 'view' is defined by a "Camera_Definition.00x" entry in the aircraft.cfg file, as I noted above. Add "Hotkey=5" ( or 6,7,8,9 ) to the Camera_Definition. Then go to the "Controls" menu and look down the list for the views. You'll see entries that relate to those numbers...again, I forget the exact entry nomenclature but it should be obvious. Assign an unused key-combo to, in the case above, the View 5 entry. Say "Shift+F10". Now program "Shift+F10" into one of your joystick buttons or switches as well as "F9" on another to return to 'normal' VC view. When you hit the "Shift+F10" assigned button you will instantly switch to the Camera view which you added the "Hotkey=5" statement to. Hitting the "F9" programmed button puts you back to the normal VC pilots view. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest fsxmissionguy

Paul,That's great info. For Keith: Good news as I did use the .00x numbering for your new camera. The Loadmaster camera is .007 ... so you should be able to use Paul's method to assign your joystick a button for that view.Cheers,

Ah, that makes sense now Kevin, thanks for pointing that one out. I tried all sorts of key press combinations, but not that one. Paul, thanks, I can make sense of that instruction now. I assume I add that entry to the bottom of that particular camera definition. The cyclic views in the EH101 includes the port undercarriage view which I do not care for. I wonder if I can fool fsx into believing the loadmaster view is the undercarriage view (by exchanging a line of text between the two camera definitions) then I may be able to swap them. Any ideas?But anyhow, thanks so much for your help guys, it really is appreciated.Once in loadmaster view, with my TIR, I can pan around the whole of the cabin and even look back to see me flying the thing. I can even fly it from that view now, albeit a bit bumpy.

Keith Sandford.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Keith,I'm not sure which camera definition corresponds to the view that you don't like, but you can remove a view by commenting out that camera in the aircraft.cfg file.Just put a semicolon in front of all the lines of the camera that you want to comment out (requires an FSX restart).Have fun with it. I've been meaning to learn a little bit about cameras, and your project gave me a chance to do it.Cheers,