Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoungblood

Numerous ATC Handoffs

Hi Tom,Thanks for the link. I didn't see any response from JD to the log you were going to send. Has he acknowledged it's something that needs fixing?I'm not aware of any fix in v5 at present. Was it promised?Version 5 is a major rewrite and still some time away so if this is still an issue it can be looked into but a log does make JD's life a lot easier.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Often time the altitude is the reason for this constant switch back and forth. You are probably on a boundry between a TRACON and ARTCC sector, which often occurs at 18,000 feet, but can occur an any lower flight level. ETA: I misread your initial message, I thought you meant the "loop" that occurs when you're on a boundry and ATC swaps you back and forth like crazy. Yes, I sit and press 1 to switch frequncies, but I don't take long trips either. If you want to just press 1, then don't contact the next controller, you'll be left alone, but you'll need to be there for approach.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Jim Knows

I have to wait for a darn CD? No download purchase for RADAR CONTACT? What a shame.I am not one that enjoys hassles like ordering, then waiting, then learn UPS guy comes and no one is home because at work, then have to go "OH Darn!, a note is left that UPS guy will come back again the next day at a later hour, only that its still during working hours, then the hassle of having to scramble before its returned to sender by calling to make arrangements more convenient to the deliverying company than it is to the purchaser. Like really!!I'm interested in the RC software. Actually quite interested cause I am a real-world pilot myself. But the thought of making a purchase with all the hassles with the above mentioned, no thanks. I'll wait for a download purchase. Sounds like the company is alittle on the lazy side.

I've had the constant switch back and forth in real life too-most notably in Los Angeles area (back and forth between socal/la, memphis, and indy/cinci.If you fly near a boundry it will happen.Just happened to be talking to a friend that is a dtw controller the other day about this. He thinks it is crazy too-but it happens....http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Jim,A download option has been available for some months.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=25749&page=Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest byoungblood

>Easy work-around:>>As soon as you get a handoff, accept the handoff, tune the>station, but don't contact the next station. then when you>want back on, contact the station, let them refer you to the>atc you should be talking to, contact them, and on you go. That's what I generally do. If I'm familiar with the area, I know where they're likely to hand me off repeatedly, so I'll just tune to the new frequency, and then wait a few minutes before making my call. If I timed it right, they'll hand me off to the one I'm supposed to stay on and I won't have to endure the flip-flop.

climb and descent clearances for ai are voiced for ai that are on the same frequency (same center, same sector, or same airport) as you.not sure why you aren't hearing them. there are instructions in the rc forum on how to generate a log. duplicate the problem, tell me what ai you think you should have heard a climb or descent clearance for, and send me the .log - i'll tell you why you didn't hear it.jd

Guest ericd19087

voxatc is the way to go it gives you more to do, tuning the radios etc... they also have their own ai traffic there are some bugs ai traffic gets stuck once in while

Guest JIMJAM

I hate when the controller gives you your approach clearance 100 miles out.Often when I fly into Atlanta, they will clear me for the approach 80 miles out. All you can do is continue inbound,call missed and reset the procedure.Just tonight,85 miles from Myrtle Beach the same happened.Anymore I just do not talk to the hand off until I am closer.Just cannot descend or they will want you to climb back up so you can come down again......

>voxatc is the way to go it gives you more to do, tuning the>radios etc... they also have their own ai traffic there are>some bugs ai traffic gets stuck once in whileI love both VOX ATC and RC series. RC4 is very educative and very deep software overall. VOX ATC is amazing when you learn how to make the best out of it, I fly with both, depending on the location and time of day. VOX ATC offers ifr and VFR systems.

Guest Bizub4

When I get to my cruising height and they send me to another station I don't switch. I don't commuicate with ATC untill I'm 100 miles out. Then I just switch on to who ever I am suppose to be on and continue my way. It doesn't cancel IFR flight directions.

Guest ericd19087

i didnt know voxatc and rc4 were compatable

>i didnt know voxatc and rc4 were compatableYes they are, in the sense they both work with MSFS. You can say they are 3-rd party compatible with each other. ;)

Guest SkullxBones

I use RC4. I like Voxatc and would continue to use it if it did a better job of recognizing my voice. Seemed like every other command I had to repeat two or three times before it would accept it.