Sign in to follow this  
Dotsie

Removing default AI

Which file do I need to get rid of to remove default AI?Is there a way of keeping GA AI? I want to get rid of the bigger planes but keep the cessna's and such.I have 135 real airlines installed and would like to keep the smaller plane ai present.Thanks! Marc PMontreal, CanadaIntel Dual Core E2140Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB2GB RAMWINXP Pro19" LCD + 84" LCD Projector

In FSXsceneryworld folder the file trafficaircraft.bgl is the default ai traffic. Might be a scenery folder in that world folder, I can't remember. When I get home from work I'll double check that location. I have a thread from these forums saved discussing ai traffic with a link to Reggie's website where he has graciously seperated the GA flight plans to share with us. I'll post that link when I get home as well. A lot of very useful info on manipulating ai traffic in FSX in that thread. Guys like Reggie Fields and Jim Vile and so many others have put a lot of hard work into figuring out ai behavior and programming in FSX and share it all with us. Very nice of them.Thank you,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

I appreciate your help as well. I have loaded up all of the WorldOfAI airline flights and have lost my GA AI. Would like to get them back if possible.Looking forward to your help.

Alexander Alonso

Yes, it's the fsxsceneryworldscenery folder that holds the default trafficaircraft.bgl file. And, in this thread is some info that might be useful and a link to Reggie Fields' page with default GA, http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search. Make sure you back up whatever default files you fiddle with!;) Post here any questions, I'll help all I'm able, but, I'm sure the pros will pitch in and we'll both be learning plenty!:)Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

>Convert all the WOAI plans to FSX format and your default GA>traffic will return. There are converters here at the>library.>>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/This is what I have done too. Basically install the WOAI files as usual and then take the BGLs in the scenery/world folder (in batches is the best way) and convert them to FSX with the AIFPC program. Its pretty easy. One significant reason to do this is that if you are using WOAI the flight plans are of FS9 standard and if there are any FS9 plans in the traffic folder then all FSX compatible traffic is disabled and you loose boats, goats, FSX GA + Airline traffic. Personally i don't want the default traffic at all and i deleted the default aircraft traffic file as stated above. I then downloaded WOAI GA traffic to compensate.IMO WOAI is far superior to the default (obviously). Remember to use the AIsmooth program to iron out dodgy ATC guidance to the AI traffic (no more being bullied on approach by robopilot!)